VeggieBoards banner
1 - 8 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I run everyday, 3.5 miles in 30 mins. I have been just eating a piece of fruit, because my main goal is weight lose, which has been going great. I think that is fine for when I run, but I also lift weights 3x a week too, so do I need protein before I lift weights? Again, my main goal is to lose weight, but I also wouldn't mind adding some muscle and getting my muscles up to par. Any advice would be appreciated.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks everyone!!! I think I might try without the fruit till after, maybe bring it with. I thought I was doing it right.

I know I don't need excess protein, I get plenty anyway. I have been doing a food diary on myfitnesspal.com. I find that helps a lot and I have already lost over 15 LBs since the beginning of the year. Probably would have been more, but in January and early this month, I kind of flaked out some. I have been going strong the last 3 weeks though.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I really like having fruit in the morning for breakfast around 8am, I feel better when I do, then I go to the gym around 9-10ish (when the gym isn't as busy). Then I usually try to having something with protein over brown rice or in a whole wheat pita/tortilla. So it sounds like I'm doing a decent job, huh? I will usually follow that meal up with a salad a few hours later.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAGEV View Post

try quinoa : carbs + protein in the same bowl ! just spice it up and add vegetables
I really need to try some quinoa soon, so that sounds like a plan.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ok, instead of starting another thread, I want some opinions.

So I run 3 mins at 3.5, then 30 mins at 7, then do a quick cool down. I am about to bump that up a little, but do you think I would be better off running faster or making the duration longer?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Sorry, my main priority is weight lose. Endurance is a close second though.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks Vegan Heart Mom, sounds like an awesome plan you have there. I tried not eating yesterday at all and was scared that it would affect my running, well it didn't and I did 7mph for 40 mins and felt just fine. That is one big thing I noticed, now when I get off the treadmill, I'm not disoriented and winded as I use to be. I have a sore right ankle, so I'm taking the day off, I think. Maybe if it feels better tonight and I have nothing to do, I will go run.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I have been going without eating before and I think that works best for me. I do want to try to get to the point where I can do a 1/2 marathon, because I want to do one this summer; maybe I will eat something before that, but a couple hours prior.

1 - 8 of 9 Posts