VeggieBoards banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got some soft tofu to use in a brownie recipe, and now I have half a block left and don't know what to do with it. What can I make with it, apart from desserts? I only ever use firm tofu, so I'm a little clueless.

·
Registered
3,477 Posts
Blend it with a bit of sugar and lemon juice, then add to mashed firm tofu and salt and you have vegan cottage cheese. I like it with straberry preserves.

·
Registered
12,079 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebelovedtree View Post

Blend it with a bit of sugar and lemon juice, then add to mashed firm tofu and salt and you have vegan cottage cheese. I like it with straberry preserves.
No way! I miss cottage cheese...have to try this!

·
Registered
9,260 Posts
Like Shannon suggested, I often preheat some olive oil in a pan, and if I haven't already cut the soft tofu into tiny cubes, I crush it in the pan with my spatula. I then add turmeric and black salt, and salt, and turn it enough to get the seasonings mixed in well. Don't try to "brown" anything. Just get the tofu hot and serve.

The black salt (pink in color before cooking with it) gives the tofu a really eggy flavor, because black salt contains sulfur. You can find black salt at Indian markets.

·
Registered
11,049 Posts
This link on Bryanna Clark Grogan's site has a recipe for "Chevre" style cheeze made from silken tofu. I've never tried it, though I've tried several of her other "cheeze" recipes and they're all YUMMY!

(Recipe is about half way down the page)

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by shannon1976 View Post

you can also make scramby tofu with the soft tofu.
Oh no, I tried that one time, when my mom bought some tofu for me and got the wrong kind. I did not like the texture at all.

·
Banned
1,774 Posts
I make faux curried egg with it. Mash it up, put in some mayo or veganaisse, add some curry powder and salt and pepper....done

1 - 16 of 16 Posts