VeggieBoards banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
my dad made up a recipe with them a while ago. I'm not sure of the exact amounts, but it involved putting them in the food processor with nuts (he used almonds and something else, i think), raw tahini and agave nectar, then rolling them into little bite-sized balls. it was delish and a big hit at his raw foods potluck

·
Registered
773 Posts
I don't know if you saw this on the site you linked to. You may have but I'll post it anyways:

What to do with Cacao Nibs?:

Try eating them straight, a tablespoon at a time. Chew thoroughly and experience the taste extravaganza of raw chocolate.

Add to coconut-based or fruit-based smoothies to enhance the flavor.

Add agave nectar or honey or another sweetening agent to the raw cacao nibs and chew!

Freeze cacao nibs with sweeteners (agave nectar or honey are fantastic). Eat cold.

Blend cacao nibs into herbal teas with the Peruvian superfood maca.

Add cacao nibs to raw ice creams for the best chocolate chips in the world.

Create a raw chocolate bar! Blend the following raw ingredients together: cacao nibs, agave nectar, carob powder, maca, coconut oil, angstrom calcium, and cashews. Pour into a mold and freeze. Eat cold and experience the truth about the food of the gods!

·
Banned
1,524 Posts
Great! I buy a kilo every time I go to Mexico, and usually give most of them to friends. Repackaged, they make curious stocking stuffers.

I'm with Angry Fruit on the almond blend.

I grind a bean or two with my coffee occaisonally, or use them instead of coffee (though many people don't care for that).

Mill it very fine and you can use it as a spice. Generally, I'd say it works well with chili(pepper) sauces or anything else that calls for cumin or achiote. A little in some veggie chilli is nice from time-to-time. I like it on corn, on or off the cob. No dount you're familiar with mole - you can use it 1:1 for the bittersweet chocolate that most recipes call for.

I think that most people who experiment with it as a spice get turned off quickly because they use too much. It's like nutmeg in that it is very strong and can overwhelm a dish. A little goes a long way.

If you do honey, it works best with that as a sweetener.

·
Banned
1,524 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aimra View Post

What to do with Cacao Nibs?:

Try eating them straight, a tablespoon at a time. Chew thoroughly and experience the taste extravaganza of raw chocolate.
I double-dog dare you.

Now, are THEY talking about beans or processed nibs? Two or three beans make a tablespoon.

·
Registered
177 Posts
I enjoy eating them straight out of the bag with walnuts and goji berries. Almonds are an okay alternative if you're all out of walnuts. Easy snack to make. I love the crunch from the chocolate.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.