VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
3,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a bunch of back issues of Rolling Stone and Wired cluttering up my house. The subscriptions were a "free gift" so I'm not at all attached to the magazines, but I'm reluctant to just chuck them in the recycling bin.

Anyone have ideas for what to do with them?

·
Registered
20,217 Posts
I was going to suggest donating them to the local hospital for the patients, but I'm not sure those are appropriate for a hospital.

I work at a Medical Imaging facility (Radiology), so I bring in my mags and leave them in the patient waiting areas.

Actually, they don't want me to leave anything political, and I subscribe to a few political magazines, so those I donate to a certain thrift store. They sell them for 25 cents each, and will always appreciate a variety of magazines.

·
Registered
8,777 Posts
BPS, you could also give them to charity. Seems kind of like a dump, but I do see a lot of magazines at the goodwill and whenever I'm there tend to quickly look through them for interesting articles (read: pearl jam).

I still, however, stand by the wrapping paper idea.

·
Banned
5,772 Posts
true story!

when I was in 8th grade I took a PC database class at the JuCo. My "extended learning" class at school had like a million issues of national geographic and the teacher talked me into making a database to index them (I know that is more a spreadsheet thing but at the time lotus 123 had like a 1k file size limit). I was almost done when we found out that national geographic published indices. DAMN

·
Registered
8,777 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenna View Post

i like that wrapping paper idea, amy.
My family used newspaper as wrapping paper when I grew up (the comics wrapped a special present!). Sure as hell beats spending a bunch of money on paper that just goes into the fireplace anyway.

At least magazine paper is shiny.

·
Registered
25,067 Posts
You can paste them together and build a nest-looking thing in the corner of your room. Then you can tell visitors that your disturbed and dangerous brother lives in the nest (a la Tooms in the X-Files).

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.