VeggieBoards banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My cat peed... somewhere...

I've scrubbed the floor twice on my hands and knees with smoe all natural, all purpose cleaner... but that doesnt seem to be doing the trick. I've smelt all around the furniture in my room and it doesnt appear to be on any of it.

Sooo... anyt products or regular house hold items you would recommend? Enviromentally friendly, of course...

·
Registered
11,049 Posts
Have you checked the heat vents? If you have heat registers in the floor, some cats will pee in them! I learned this the hard way - we used to have a cat and after driving ourselves crazy trying to find the source, found he used the heat vent to pee into!

Talk about insanely difficult to get rid of! In trying to figure out how to get the smell OUT, I discovered (through online research and talking to vets and heat-duct/air-vent cleaning professionals) that this is a common place for cats to pee... ugh...

That said - if you can't find the exact spot, you can buy a black-light that makes the pee spots "glow"... then you'll know exactly what to treat. Then treat it with Nature's Miracle as Amy suggested above - the only thing that works.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've been very concerned that it could be coming from the heat vent... but at this point it reaks bad and everythin gsmells like pee.

Thanks for the advice. I'm going to move all my crap into my old room, try that cleaning product out, and hope for the best.

·
Registered
12,282 Posts
The enzymatic cleaners (i.e. nature's miracle) work best, but you have to use them BEFORE you use any other cleaner otherwise they don't work as well, and you need to follow package directions exactly.

Why isn't your cat peeing in the box? Have you taken the cat to the vet to make sure s/he isn't having urinary problems?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts