VeggieBoards banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
My advice: Be honest with the toy store lady. Don't burn any bridges. Tell her what happened and how you are supposed to start on Mon. Take the cell phone job. Tell the toy store that you are going to see if it works out. But if it doesn't, is the door still open for you to come back at talk about possible employment? I mean, how pressed is she to find someone. Can she wait a couple of weeks? If so, she will appreciate your honesty and realize that's a virtue not found easily. Maybe she'll counter-offer.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Life is too short to do a job all day that you hate. You will end up quiting. I say go to the toy store interview and be yourself. Let the interviewer know that you really want the job. You could call the cell phone place and tell them that you are sorry but you cannot start on monday because of a prior comittment and then tell them when YOU can start. If they don't except that, then you know that they will be very rigid and it will not be a good place to work.

·
Registered
0 Posts
I'd nip her poking at your veg*ism in the bud like real quick. Pull her to the side and explain it to her the best you can. People like this really tend to upset me at times....just started reading Carol Adams book Living with Meat Eaters though..maybe she's a blocked vegetarian!! Yeah, that's it!!

Anyhow, hang in there.....better days ahead for sure

1 - 4 of 4 Posts