VeggieBoards banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...beginning to strength train? My friend and I are beginning to hit the gym and lifting some weights. He is a meat-eater and pretty much keeps insisting that i need meat to lift weights and workout in general. But I disagree, I think there are alternatives but I need help knowing which veggies to mix and match.<br><br><br><br>
What types of foods will I need to give me the nutrients for this type of workout? i am a lacto-vegetarian, so adding cheese or milk really isn't an major issue, but not part of my main diet. I won't be lifting tremendous amounts, just enough to start building some muscle to looked tone. I am 5'6.5 and weight about 150. I'm pretty much just exercising to look and feel healthy, not build large amounts of muscle.<br><br><br><br>
Any advice on this? Thanks everyone!

·
Registered
441 Posts
he is just confusing 'meat' with 'protein'. as long as you get adequate protein, you're fine. increase your protein a bit if you feel as though you don't.

·
Registered
74 Posts
make sure you don't eat junk food (chips, lots of sugar etc.) this could slow down your energy. eat a good breakfast everday. tofu, peanut butter, red beans are all pretty good sources of protein. drink lots of water to prevent build up of lactic acid(soarness)<br><br>
good luck!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts