VeggieBoards banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've gone 3 months with out a period. I am not pregnant (taken two pregnancy tests first thing in the morning), had regular periods before then, I am not underweight (5'4" and 116 lbs), I have not been exercising any more than usual and I am not under extreme stress (I was under a lot of stress in Dec/Jan and still got my period then). I am starting to get worried it could be a health problem but I do not have health insurance and I can not afford it. Would a walk in clinic be a good idea?

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Depending on your state/county, you may qualify for a free or low cost planned parenthood visit. They cover all things vaginal and testicular... not just baby-making stuff.<br><br>
I went to a state/county planned parenthood center as a teen for birth control. It was super easy. You honestly fill out some forms about how much money you make, and they gauge it against a sliding scale to determine how much you owe. I only had a minimum wage part time job at the time, so all my care was free. They even threw in a free STD screening.<br><br>
My doctor was fresh out of med school. I learned that the best gyno ever is a man straight out of med school. He doesn't know what hurts and what doesn't, so he's super gentle with everything. What you DON'T want is a woman that's been a gyno for 20 years... You'll be walking funny for WEEKS!!!<br><br>
Anyways...<br><br>
How old are you? Your period can get kind of wonky at times...<br><br>
Things that have caused me to skip a period or two: (truthfully)<br>
Changing jobs<br>
Changing work schedule in a big way<br>
Changing Semesters in college<br>
Fearing that I might be pregnant (yes... four times for me... apparently, thinking you may be pregnant will actually cause you to skip a period. One of God's little pranks I guess.)<br>
Sudden increase in sexual activity. Not stressful... just having sex after a dry spell.<br>
Being sick...catching a "bug" that's going around.<br>
Not sleeping...only 4 hours of sleep a night.<br>
Drinking a lot.<br><br>
As you can see, my period likes to skip a beat. Only speaking about myself here, but I would only make a trip to the doc if there were other hormone-related symptoms, pain, or if more than six months went by. But, that's just me.

·
Banned
2,587 Posts
second vote for Planned Parenthood<br><br>
I don't have insurance either and they hook me up with excellent care, prescriptions, exams, and lab work. I am low income so qualify for several programs, I haven't had to pay any of the times I go to PP.<br><br><a href="http://www.plannedparenthood.org/" target="_blank">http://www.plannedparenthood.org/</a>

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
Yes I agree Planned Parenthood might take you if not in your area your local ER will look at you. I had a bad woman issue years ago and they look at me at my local ER. However , only go to ER if you have no other choice.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts