VeggieBoards banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
I used to buy expensive "sprouting seeds" but I find a lot of them very cheaply at the local Indian grocery store. I buy fenugreek seeds, dill seed, and others. I still purchase alfalfa seeds from Amazon.com.

"Bird seed" is generally made up of seeds that humans do consume... just not very commonly in our culture. Bird feed is not packaged under the same standards as seeds/grains meant for human consumption. At natural food stores, you can find oat groats, rye berries, raw sunflower seeds, and other things you see in bird food.

At an Indian grocery store, you can also buy bags of "millet" which is what bird seed mostly is.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So my lentils have begun to sprout but they are nowhere near big enough for my liking. Most of the lentils have NOT germinated. I have put some new ones in another jar and I'm soaking them with hot water to see if that does anything. I read somewhere hot water is better for the little guys.

Im eating some of the ones that havent sprouted and they still seem to taste ok. Are they safe to eat? Ill stop eating them until i get the all clear

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.