VeggieBoards banner

What operating system(s) do you have on your computer?

1 - 20 of 134 Posts

·
Registered
19,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We're a split household...a couple of Macs and a couple of others with some crazy thing called "L i n u x".

How bout y'all?

·
Registered
19,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What caused you to switch to Windows? Was it Vista particularly?

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IamJen View Post

What caused you to switch to Windows? Was it Vista particularly?
I actually switched to Windows because I had software for a course that I could not get to work with Linux. I decided that I would use Windows for the duration of the course and then switch back (edit: I am sure any Linux users are wondering why I didn't run both on the same system, but putting Windows on, of course required any other OS to be whiped off, and I figured that the Windows experiment would be short lived enough that there was no sense partitioning to add a second OS after installing Windows). But I never got around to it. Then I bought my laptop which had Vista on it and I thought that I would switch one or the other to Linux, but I have been satisfied with Windows and don't have much free time. Sticking with Windows, for at least the time being, seems simpler for my complicated life. Perhaps if I had experienced the new developments that I am sure have occured with Linux over the past 6 or 7 years I would be less satisfied with Windows.

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
i use vista (which i hate) and xp, the hubs uses 7 and linux. if i were more computer-y, i'd switch to linux in a snap.

·
Registered
2,769 Posts
I just installed windows 7 on this computer and I like it a lot. Windows XP is on the other 2 computers. One even has an old kubuntu partition which is never used.

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
Vista. I don't hate it, but I don't love it either. As long as the computer works (and lately it's been acting up), I'm good.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Gentoo Linux on my laptop and development servers (grandiose term for a pile of dusty desktop machines) for work and play, CentOS, FreeBSD and Open Solaris in VMs on my laptop to mess around with.

·
Ex-*****
5,391 Posts
Ubuntu Linux on my netbook and workstation at home. Ubuntu and Windows XP (ugh, only use it to run a video conferencing program and very rarely Word) on my work laptop and Redhat Enterprise Linux 5 on my work workstation. Also messing with a couple of RHEL4 and 5 servers at work.

1 - 20 of 134 Posts