VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gosh, i'm sad to admit i only eat about 25% raw foods each day. I eat way too much cooked food. I really want to increase the amount of raw food but am wondering what is the right balance?

Thanks for your thoughts :)

·
Registered
478 Posts
Lately I've been eating really horribly, so my raw percentage is at 0% (though I did have a banana today). I personally think around 50% raw foods is good, maybe even a lil higher could do as well, but I've never been able to stick to eating even that high of a percentage for more than a day, so I haven't a clue as to how it would affect my health.

·
Registered
8,591 Posts
I think about 50 - 70 % would be ideal... I'm currently at about 40% and climbing... it takes time to adjust, you just don't feel as satisfied after a raw meal... and I love bread, can't get enough of it!

the more we go to minimally processed foods, tho, the stronger and more vibrant our bodies become! it really makes a big difference!

·
Registered
261 Posts
My situation is very strange. The only vegan stuff my cafeteria (where I eat all my meals) is raw stuff. For example today I had for lunch a big salad and 4-5 servings or raw fruit plus 2 pieces of whole weat bread, super almost an identical meal. I would say thats about 70% raw. I am freaking starving though. I am snacking on fruit. I steal about 10 pieces of fruit every other day or so.

·
Registered
346 Posts
magates--- you should request some sort of *beans*, or sunflower seeds to put on that salad. Your situation sounds ridiculous! Write a polite letter...Garbonzos are good on salad. Or others.

I eat...around 10% raw. Or less. I usually have a salad a day, and lots of fruit too. Banana or too, coupla oranges. Though, that could be less, more like 7&.

The sticking point I find with a raw food diet is getting full, and not starving! There would be nothing to eat with friends, though beans and raw nuts are filling. But those are cooked too, the beans. Well, I strongly agree that it is good for you!!

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
You guys are nuts (pun intended). Raw food is anathema to me unless it's fruits and nuts which I do love eating.

I try to eat cooked food as much as possible, preferably fried in heart-busting fat-laden oil. That's the way to go.

I would highly recommend eating deep-fried falafels, deep-fried veg-chicken taquitos, deep-fried spicy potato/peas samosas, deep-fried veg-chicken spring rolls, and deep-fried veg-pepperoni pizza pockets.

Come on people . .live a little and enjoy life!

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I'm not an expert but form what i've read too much oil in ones diet can be dangerous to ones health. I *think* i read that we should only have about 2 Tbls of oil per day, I'm not sure of that is inclusive of oils from nuts and fatty fruits too ...maybe someone else here knows.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Live a little or Live a lot? which one do you choose. I don't care if your veg*n oil esspecialy airtifuly hydrogenated oils and saturated fat are not good for you in large quantities. I know rubhash was kidding but if you care about your health avoid alot of fried foods. I am sure many of you don't care about the health aspect of veg*nism but you should care about your health if you care about yourself and your loved ones. Its very possible for a veg*n to be as unhealthy as a omni and the main culprit would be fats from oils especialy artificialy hydrogenated oils (and excess sugar which can lead to type 2 dibateas)

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I don't have a raw food 'goal' but i do have an overall health goal and that is to be as healthy as i can be ..make sense. I take my health very seriously and want to make sure i'm eating well so that i can live a long and happy life. Is there such a thing as reaching optimal health?

1 - 20 of 41 Posts