VeggieBoards banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Happy Veggie
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay so I'm a really big nail polish lover I can't stand not having my nails colored. I'm going Vegan on Tuesday (Monday night i'm going shopping for the food and i'll start Tuesday off as a vegan) And I just realized that some nail polishes aren't vegan friendly like the test on animals or have animal stuff in them and it's messed up I want to know some good vegan nail polishes here are the brands I own.

Pure Ice

Sally Hansen

Rimmel London

O.P.I (and Nicole o.p.i)

Annabelle

and that's all I have brand wise I own most Pure Ice and Sally Hansen are any of these vegan? And lots of my nail polish are gifts I don't want to feel like a jerk to my friends and family by throwing them away but I also don't want to feel like a jerk to animals by keeping them :(

·
Vegan as f**k
2,228 Posts
I found this blog which might help you:

http://veganclaws.com/vegan-nail-polish-resource/

Unfortunately a lot of the mainstream cosmetics brands do test on animals because they are constantly updating their formulas and they feel that constant animal testing protects them from litigation...

I would email the manufacturers of your cosmetics and ask them if their products contain any animal ingredients/ if their products are tested on animals at all...

·
Lovable misanthrope
1,398 Posts
Rimmel London test on animals so I don't use it. Never heard of the rest you mentioned. Try body shop

·
Vegan as f**k
2,228 Posts

·
Vegan as f**k
2,228 Posts

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
Manic Panic have a range of nail polishes.

The range of colours is pretty extensive. I've found the polish to be a bit watery, so it maybe takes 2-3 coats rather than 1-2 to get a nice coverage. But, they go on well and they're vegan.

Also, ELF products are vegan (please double check this). I've used their nail polish kits and they're really nice. The colours are a bit more subdued than the Manic Panic stuff, from what I've found here, but great if you're going for the 'French manicure' look.

·
Not such a Beginner ;)
8,394 Posts
OP, lots of people including me used up cosmetics and clothing that wasn't vegan when we transitioned. It is up to you, some give it away to friends, etc. But I wouldn't feel bad about using them, just replace with vegan items as they run out.

Yes on E.LF. being vegan. I just got my daughter the cutest assortment box of their nail polishes.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts