VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i take women cenovis one a day......... i just ran out so going to buy more , does any one think there is a better one?

·
Registered
19,134 Posts
Why?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I don't take any multi vitamin. Instead I take Sona Chandi CHYAWANPRASH. It's a blend of 48 herbs and minerals. I'm taking it from last 6 months on a regular basis and I'm feeling quite energetic throughout the day.

·
Registered
208 Posts
I take Dr. Fuhrman's Gentle Care (no vitamin A) and his Osteo-sun (vitamin D, calcium, magnesium and silica), I also take his vegan algae based DHA purity, I also take 500 mg of taurine on occasion. A good multi will not have any Vitamin A in it. You can get all the vitamin A you need from all the vegetables you eat.

If you follow a vegetable based diet you really need to be careful about B-12 deficiency, once the damage is done it is permanent and cannot be reversed.

Even people who eat small amounts of meat test low in B-12 and can develop deficiencies.

DHA can me made from the ALA found in hemp,flax,chia seeds and walnuts and leafy greens but if you cannot convert it to DHA and EPA efficiently then you will develop a deficiency. If you do not want to take a DHA supplement you should have a fatty acid profile blood test done to see if you really need it or your body is converting it efficiently.

DHA is what makes up the fat in your brain and eyes.

If you do not want to take a Vitamin D supplement then be sure to get lots of sun everyday, this is a hormone produced that signals your body to absorb more calcium. Most of America has vitamin D deficiency.

·
Registered
5,670 Posts
I take a vegetarian formula multivitamin. I also consume flax oil in a smoothie every day. I would take a vegan dha supplement but I haven't found any that are available in Canada.

·
Registered
487 Posts
I like Buried Treasure vitamins because they are liquid.

Elijah- I agree with what you say about vitamin A. I used to take All One vitamins which have vitamin A but I think I was overdosing on vitamin A with that because I get a lot from my diet already. I am now looking for a multi (to take on ocassion) that has no vitamin A- I will look into Dr Fuhrman's.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
I'm using up my old pregnancy multi-vitamin before buying another. I hate that the veggie vitamins I took before tasted like cat pills. *gag* Not looking forward to that...

·
Registered
19,134 Posts
Hm. I'm more worried that you know what cat pills taste like.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Spiderman Children's Complete Chewable Multi-Vitamin and Mineral Supplements. Even though I'm almost 23. I have a hard time swallowing big pills, so I had to get something I could chew. Because all I have to do open the bottle, take one out and eat it, I much more motivated to take one every day. As opposed to opening a bottle, taking out a pill, putting it in my mouth with water and then spending too many minutes making futile attempts to swallow before I give up and spit it out. Plus, they come in 3 fruit flavors and are shaped like Spidey's head!

I also take Trader Joe's Fruit-Flavored Calcium Chews.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I got hooked on Apex Vegan Multis:

"Designed to provide nutrients without calories. This formula is designed for active adults who avoid animal products or who eat a diet high in carbohydrates. Supports high carbohydrate or non-animal product diets with boosted amounts of beta carotene, iron, B12, zinc. Contains no animal products."

It really has everything you need, including B12 and a good supply or iron.

If you go to a 24 Hour Fitness, they sell 'em there, too.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts