VeggieBoards banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
I like to make a big shake in the morning.

I put in raw chocolate protein powder, a scoop of green powder,

some coconut water, water, and some chopped up kale or spinach.

It actually tastes delicious.

If you need a little more sweetness you can also add some banana,

but the coconut water is usually sweet enough for me.

For added nutrition add hemp hearts, chia seeds, or maca powder.

·
Registered
585 Posts
I've been having oatmeal with a tbs of flaxmeal and chopped up fruit lately. It's yummy.

I used to have miso soup with lots of chopped up tofu and soft cooked veggies like zucchini. I'm just too lazy for that now.

·
Registered
3,157 Posts
Another vote for oatmeal. It's really easy to make it filling, because you can easily add things. I'll even add a spoon of peanut butter to mine if I want to make it especially substantial.

Also pancakes are easy to make and filling (personally I don't like to eat them too often because they can leave me feeling a bit funky). I make them with just flour, sugar, soymilk, oil and vanilla extract.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I love oats. I don't eat added sugar so to add some sweetness i grate an apple, throw in a few currants and maybe fresh blueberries.

Other things to add include:

cacao nibs

fresh coconut

Greek yoghurt

seeds - whatever is in the cupboard

unsweetened dried cranberries

goji berries

and i keep finding more things (any type of fruit is yum)

·
Registered
269 Posts
I like to whisk an egg, 4 tbsp rolled oats, a pinch of sugar, maybe a little cardamom and some frozen berries (usually raspberries) in a mug. Microwave until it has risen and the top feels firm - about 90 sec (cooking time will depend on your microwave and how much fruit you add). It doesn't look very nice, but it taste great!

A cup of green tea, and I'm ready to face the day!

I found the recipe here: http://www.blogilates.com/recipe-index/berrylicious-microwave-minute-muffin

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.