VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Everyone has their favorite summer movie, usually one that they saw as a kid, just wondering what yours is? Mine is from the summer of 1975 when Jaws came out and scared the crap out of me. We snuck into the theater and saw it even though we weren't actually old enough. You know it's not just a shark film... it's a film about the 70's.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ucMLFO6TsFM

·
Registered
19,134 Posts
Oh lordy, I miss the summer blockbusters of my youth.

The most anticipated summer (well Memorial Day) movie I can recall = Return of the Jedi, hands down. First time we ever bought tickets in advance.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Best Summer movie ever... Was when i was 12 my parents took me and some friends to see Independence Day for my Birthday. I was completely blown away.

Runner up would be Jurrasic Park... I saw that when I was 9 with my Grandma. That first brontosaurus scene made me sit back in my seat in shock.

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
Independence Day for sure. Jeff Goldblume(
) AND aliens? Where do I sign up?

·
Registered
19,134 Posts
Cadrian, I was totally thinking about Independence Day! It's on TV here about every 5 minutes. The man rolls his eyes, but I have to watch the speech.

Jurassic Park comes quickly to mind too. Some of this though, was that my dad and one of my sisters and I went to see it at a sneak preview. 300ish people packed into the cineplex (which doesn't exist anymore, but I digress)...most having read the book and having waited for months to see the film. Absolutely one of the most wonderful movie experiences of my lifetime.

Other favorites:

Back to Future, which I'm sure I've seen a hundred times by now

Ghostbusters, also viewed many times - one of the funniest movies ever, imo

Batman - finally a *good* superhero movie

Terminator2 - Linda Hamilton was so bitchin' in that movie, and the creepy morphing cyborg, later on the X-Files guy (forget is name). Amazing special effects

Don't know how Raiders of the Lost Ark didn't pop in my head earlier either.

I <3 Steven Spielberg

·
Registered
20,217 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IamJen View Post

Cadrian, I was totally thinking about Independence Day! It's on TV here about every 5 minutes. The man rolls his eyes, but I have to watch the speech.

Jurassic Park comes quickly to mind too. Some of this though, was that my dad and one of my sisters and I went to see it at a sneak preview. 300ish people packed into the cineplex (which doesn't exist anymore, but I digress)...most having read the book and having waited for months to see the film. Absolutely one of the most wonderful movie experiences of my lifetime.

Other favorites:

Back to Future, which I'm sure I've seen a hundred times by now

Ghostbusters, also viewed many times - one of the funniest movies ever, imo

Batman - finally a *good* superhero movie

Terminator2 - Linda Hamilton was so bitchin' in that movie, and the creepy morphing cyborg, later on the X-Files guy (forget is name). Amazing special effects

Don't know how Raiders of the Lost Ark didn't pop in my head earlier either.

I <3 Steven Spielberg
I never really liked Batman (because I'm old enough to remember the 60's TV series and I always preferred the cheesiness of the series over the movie versions that came later), but I agree with the others listed here. Those are some of my favorite movies, summer or not.

Oh, and you've seen BTTF "a hundred times"? Is that all?

"I've never seen purple underwear before, Calvin."

·
Registered
56 Posts
Dazed and Confused
Parent Trap (the original!)
Steel Magnolias
French Kiss
Raiders of the Lost Ark
Anything with Drew Barrymore...

·
Registered
10,324 Posts
Agree with Independence Day, Jurassic Park and Back to the Future. Also Karate Kid. Batman Begins was a huge favorite of mine and I waited MONTHS for that to finally be released. Like Amy I was never really into the Batman movies but a huge fan of all of Christian Bale's movies.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Caddyshack... Summer 1980. Kingston Drive In. $2.00 per person, I used to get stuffed in the trunk when going with a bunch of friends as I was the smallest so we wouldn't have to pay as much...

Who remembers drive ins? Who still has one open in their area?

·
Registered
8,022 Posts
i remember them well. the awful speaker on the window. bad quality. heaven.

there's a hotel in south central Colorado that has the rooms in a u shape around a drive in. the folks can watch it from their windows. It's a newer hotel as well.

·
Registered
4,093 Posts
The Lost Boys, License To Drive, Lucas.....when I was was a teenager....I was soooo hippie to see MY Corey on the big screen....I saw these movies at least 20 times each at the movies and millions of times after that on VHS and DVD.....and not gonna lie was just as hippie and giddy when as an adult saw MY Corey in Crank 2....I saw that 5 times at the movies and a million times on DVD......and I am soooo looking forward to seeing Decisions MY Coreys last movie in theatres....hope its playes in a theatre near me....hehe

not in a peace-ey mood but peace anyways

1 - 20 of 32 Posts