VeggieBoards banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
238,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, i know that one is made of sprouts and the other made out of the grain ..duh! But do they digest the same way, are the same nutrients released, etc.

Is sprout bread better in some way? Is there the same amount of gluten?

I'm asking b/c whole wheat bread seems to make me bloated and itchy when i eat a lot. In thoery, would sprouted wheat bread have the same affect?

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Well, I don't know about bloaty and itchy (Is that a new cartoon team?
), but sprouted wheat is healthier and more easily digested. However, there is a school of thought that believes that cooking sprouts defeats the purpose! Why sprout what you will kill with baking? Anyway, apparently, you *do* benefit, even if just a bit more, from sprouted cooked foods. Same with beans.

Now, if using the sprouted berries raw, definitely, yes, there is a great deal of benefit. Have you ever tried raw bread? That is very healthy.

So, I don't know if itchy and scratchy would drop by for a visit if you ate sprouted wheat bread
I love sprouted wheat tortillas. They have a better flavor that regular whole wheat, that's for sure!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.