VeggieBoards banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I keep seeing this in the ingredients, what is it?<br><br><br><br>
Also, ingredients with "natural flavors" should be avoided right?

·
Registered
4,211 Posts
I don't know exactly what it is. But I might be able to find out.<br><br><br><br>
And natural flavours could be from any source. Contact the manufacturer to see if they're vegetarian.

·
Registered
6,902 Posts
I am guessing (just guessing) that it is starch that has been cooked in liquid to make it like a gel. (like you do when making a sauce). But I don't know.<br><br><br><br>
And natural flavors depends on what it is. If it's in fruit juice, I doubt its beef tallow or something. If it's a dessert, it could be something from butter, eggs, etc.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What about the natural flavors in BBQ sauce or in onion rings? I am just getting kind of confused/overwhelmed with the "do's and don'ts" when it comes to ingredients.

·
Registered
6,902 Posts
Most foods have a 1-800 number you can call and ask what the source is of the natural flavoring. I'vew done it for some gravy mix, it was easy.<br><br><br><br>
You mau want to refer to some of the links on <a href="http://www.veggieboards.com/boards/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3712&highlight=muslim" target="_blank">this</a> thread.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts