VeggieBoards banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
I don't believe in anything unless I'm 100% sure about it....I lean more towards Einstein's theory of energy and matter. If there is a soul...I see it as a force of energy....it can't be destroyed. Even matter can't be destroyed...it just breaks down smaller and smaller, or becomes something different. In that sense, the "soul" lives after you die. That's my favorite theory, although I don't even believe it 100%. One thing I know for sure....there is something in living creatures more than just matter....more than just instinct and brain activity. This is something that maybe can't be explained with science, but I do believe it through the core of my being. Whatever it is....it's something beautiful, and well, for instance all animals eminate different, like you feel when there's tension in the air...or on the other hand, you walk into a room, and you just relax completely because the atmosphere is a good one. And people and other animals create that. If that's energy eminating from the soul...I kind of like that theory.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Perhaps there are aspects of this universe that are still beyond the comprehension of mere humans. It may be that there is a part of every creature that is not measurable, cannot be disected, cannot even be seen, heard or felt. That 'something' may be the very thing that makes creatures so much different from even the most advanced and complex machine.

Science has produced some amazing inventions but cannot create anything anywhere near to intelegent life - could be the 'soul' is what makes the difference.

·
Registered
0 Posts
I have to admit that I've never really thought much about this.

I've never thought about there being just one soul that we all share. I've always thought that each person had a unique soul and, just like Herself and BWJ, it is a force, an energy that is never truly destroyed.

I'm really interested to read what other folks have to say.

·
Registered
0 Posts
My brain hurts...I have to stop thinking about this for a minute...I thought I had it all figured out at one point but now I'm not so sure.

·
Registered
0 Posts
As far as personalities are concerned..I don't think they have much to do with my idea of the soul.....or energy. When you die and disintegrate into the earth...their is no personality left. When I think of personality, I think of a certain sense of humor, a quickness or slowness to anger, etc. and these are things that we can inheret from our parents or our environment. I have my mom's sense of humor, her quick temper, my dad's introspectiveness, etc......and I can change the quick temper thing because I see it as undesirable. If that is the case, then I am an ever evolving person....always changing. Although I'm not the same person I was at the age of 10......some things have stuck, but I don't see those things as coming from my soul. If souls truly are connected and we are all one...then there is only one soul with many different bodies. The personalities just come from experience, DNA (I think), etc.

Okay, let me get weird here......what if the soul is not restricted by the limitations of time, and can be in many places at once. And what if that were true...then we would all be the same person, just living different experiences. That would be cool.

·
Registered
0 Posts
for awhile now. And it occured to me while I was waiting on my ride home from work as I watched the wind blow this guys hat off. He didn't see the wind coming, but he felt it and it surely had an effect on his hat. I took that thought further and was thinking about air in general. We all know that it's there, but do you actually see it?? Can you touch it like you would a chair or a table? No, not really. I liken this to the soul. Just because you can't see it or touch it doesn't mean that it's something that's not a part of you. And it doesn't make it any less real. I feel the effects of it when it's satisified because of the tears that well up in my eyes and that stupid grin I can't get off of my face. And I also feel it when I'm deeply sadened by my 'heart breaking' with the passing over of a loved one. When you feel your soul it's like nothing else you'll feel. That's how I know I have one.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Soilman: I'm curious to know what you believe? I'm going to assume you believe in soul, but, what is it? What happens to our soul after physical death? (anyone can answer that question)

·
Registered
0 Posts
I don't think anyone can answer the question of what happens to the soul when the body expires. I believe all we can do is give or best guess. We can't even give an educated guess, can we? I mean, if there's no way to measure it either scientifically or otherwise, how could we do anything else but give theory's.

Maybe that's why some are afraid to 'die'. The fear of the unknown. I sure would love to know if there's someway I can direct my soul. I mean, does is mix up with the air and become one with everything else? If so, then how does it pull together enough to get into the body from birth? Is if there at the moment of conception? So many unanswered questions.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts