VeggieBoards banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the title says it all. Help!

I'm looking at the Ion brand. Has anyone tried this?

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
I just put a bit of conditioner in my hair while it's still damp. I don't think you need a fancy product. I've been straightening my hair for 10 years, and the conditioner thing has always worked.

·
Banned
3,131 Posts
I use a conditioner, too. I have very prizz frone hair, it gets even worse with straighteners, and the conditioner works really well for me with the frizz and keeping my hair from getting damaged. I've used a clear silicone free gel before, too, and that seems to work to prevent damage, but conditioner seems to have more moisture

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by disney.jessica View Post

I use a conditioner, too. I have very prizz frone hair, it gets even worse with straighteners, and the conditioner works really well for me with the frizz and keeping my hair from getting damaged. I've used a clear silicone free gel before, too, and that seems to work to prevent damage, but conditioner seems to have more moisture
I have the same problem. Conditioner tames the frizz better than a straightening product.

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoopyVegan View Post

I use Aveda hair products. Aveda is vegan and amazing.
Really? I hate Aveda. Not worth the money, IMO. My hair is still tangled and feels like straw after I use it.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sequoia View Post

Really? I hate Aveda. Not worth the money, IMO. My hair is still tangled and feels like straw after I use it.
Wow, that's strange. They seem to be the only products that DON'T mess with my hair like that. Supermarket brands are the worst offenders. Aveda makes my thick hair super healthy, soft, glossy and tangle-free! I honestly wouldn't recommend anything else.

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoopyVegan View Post

Wow, that's strange. They seem to be the only products that DON'T mess with my hair like that. Supermarket brands are the worst offenders. Aveda makes my thick hair super healthy, soft, glossy and tangle-free! I honestly wouldn't recommend anything else.
It might be because my hair is insanely processed, and I heat style it just about every day. Also, my hair texture is coarse.

·
Herbivorous Urchin
9,717 Posts
Geovanni makes make, it's called an anti-frizz, but on the back it says it's good for straightening with a blow dryer as well, I used it today for the first time and I got OODLES of compliments on my hair.

This is it:
http://www.google.com/search?client=...w=1139&bih=594

And you can find it in stores here at least, it's at Fred Meyers, a local grocer, Target, etc.

·
Registered
824 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by River View Post

Geovanni makes make, it's called an anti-frizz, but on the back it says it's good for straightening with a blow dryer as well, I used it today for the first time and I got OODLES of compliments on my hair.

This is it:
http://www.google.com/search?client=...w=1139&bih=594

And you can find it in stores here at least, it's at Fred Meyers, a local grocer, Target, etc.
This is what I use and I LOVE it.

·
Registered
55 Posts
ION is great. I bought a $1 pack of extreme moisture, color formula for after I colored my hait. after flat-ironing and my mom asked why my hair looked "so good."

I normally shampoo every three days, and this was on the FOURTH day!!!

I went and bought a whole bottle.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts