VeggieBoards banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Idk how many people are into hair products but I thought I'd give it a shot. I have really curly kinky hard to straighten hair (which is half the reason I never do) but I'm wanting a change. I know Chi silk infusion is supposed to be this awesome stuff that makes your hair silky smooth. My friends love it. I'm pretty sure Its not vegan if not simply for use of silk and I try to avoid nonvegan pproducts. What's a vegan alternative?

·
Registered
1 Posts
My hair's curly, too, and just leaving conditioner in longer usually makes it shinier and easier to straighten, esp if you have a chi. Depending on how dry it is, you can try leaving it in anywhere from 20 minutes to a few hours, that works for me most of the time. I'm not sure if it will work with all vegan conditioners; I switch brands all the time and have only tried it with a few. I don't know of any specific vegan replacements for that, though, sorry

·
Registered
10,728 Posts
Giovanni's line is mostly vegan.

The "Frizz Be Gone" and "Shine of the Times" are really great for smoothing, shine and straightening.

·
Unintentionally Kittened
683 Posts
I don't know if it's vegan now but years ago i used KMS Flat Out to straighten my hair. I only used once my hair had been chemically relaxed so i don't know how well it would work on virgin hair. It was wonderful tho, everyone commented on how soft and smooth my hair was. There's also Giovanni Straight Fast; i haven't used it but i like other things by Giovanni.

·
Registered
39 Posts
dove has got some new serums out for hair recently. Don't know if they are vegan or not but they do work well. I have got insane poofy hair and have to flat iron it if I wear it any other way than in a ponytail. I gave up CHI silk infusion too, not for the vegan issue, but because of the price! lol

1 - 5 of 5 Posts