VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any ideas what the women folk like these days? I can't get her a gold watch or jewlry cause i got her those things already.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kindred View Post

Any ideas what the women folk like these days? I can't get her a gold watch or jewlry cause i got her those things already.
Depends on the person. What does she like? What does she spend her time doing? What would she need/like/enjoy but would never buy herself?

·
Registered
173 Posts
^That's really just like a gift for yourself, though, and most women like to pick out their own stuff. I can't really help. It seems like you think all women in their late twenties would want the same things.

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
I'm 25 and a woman folk, and my Christmas list includes the new Isa Moscowitz cookbook, a good cutting board, and gift certificates for yoga clothes.

·
Registered
6,548 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by beatricious View Post

I'm 25 and a woman folk, and my Christmas list includes the new Isa Moscowitz cookbook, a good cutting board, and gift certificates for yoga clothes.
Stereotypic.

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Quote:

I'm also 25 with lady bits, and I would be happy with books, monies to buy books on my kindle, magazine subscriptions for vegetarian times and other publications, music, and things that smell good.

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by veggiholic View Post

^That's really just like a gift for yourself, though, and most women like to pick out their own stuff. I can't really help. It seems like you think all women in their late twenties would want the same things.
And what is wrong with gifts for yourself? lol.

I was being somewhat facetious with my last suggestion.

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
I'm 28... books, hair sticks/forks, music and movies are on my list for my inlaws. what is she into?

·
Registered
596 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kindred View Post

Any ideas what the women folk like these days?
because this is the era of equality, one of those 'I love Holden' stubby holders should work some magic.

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
<----29 in a week.

Take her to see some art, a concert or a show
Mini vacation getaway (with or without you lol)
Big girl toys

I need more detail of what she is like and what the relationship is between the two of you.

·
Registered
25,067 Posts
Some of these are more practical gifts that you can give both to a co-worker and a girlfriend; some are both practical and very romantic.

-a Henry Kissinger biography where you have forged "dedicated to my ultimate fan -Henri Kisinger" on the first page
-leftover mashed potatoes in a sealed container
-a double-cd Polish tango compilation
-Christmas tree decorations made from string tied around dead batteries
-a card where you say you'll surprise her on the first day of the new year, and the surprise will be that you've stolen money from her wallet and bought 8 more double-cd Polish tango compilations
-39 feet of VHS tape
-your promise that in two years, you will stop using kitchen utensils to scratch your itchy genitals and putting them back in without washing
-toilet paper with some glitter sprinkled on it

·
Registered
4,337 Posts
I agree with the things that are her interest. I am going to ask my bf for a sushi making kit so I can make us sushi.

·
Registered
3,922 Posts
Quote:

You're 25! I can't believe I'm older than you!

·
Registered
498 Posts
Get her something that she's interested in. Not something stereotypical.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuicideBlonde View Post

I agree with the things that are her interest. I am going to ask my bf for a sushi making kit so I can make us sushi.
Sushi kits are ridiculously cheap. Don't let your boyfriend get away with that as a gift. Unless he's also going to get you reusable chopsticks, a sushi dinnerware set, and a sake set.

·
Registered
4,337 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TailFin View Post

Get her something that she's interested in. Not something stereotypical.

Sushi kits are ridiculously cheap. Don't let your boyfriend get away with that as a gift. Unless he's also going to get you reusable chopsticks, a sushi dinnerware set, and a sake set.
Agree and agree. I love saki! I just noticed google searching how cheap they are. I am not to big on people spending money on my I prefer time and attention.

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
I am turning 26 next month. For Christmas, my boyfriend is buying me some high-quality kitchen knives, since we cook together ALL the time it's worth the investment. In all honesty, there isn't much I need right now, except stuff to furnish my apartment when my roommate moves out in February. I would love to receive a pre-paid yoga membership, if there was a decent studio near me still. I could also make a lot of good use from something like an Amazon.com gift certificate, as I have a lot of books/cookbooks, movies, etc on my wish list. Another great idea would be to go someplace that interests her, like a museum or a convention or a concert, and pay for the admission. Again, it depends how well you know each other and what your budget is.

My boyfriend's birthday is this Friday. Last year he had been very sick for months with issues the doctors were struggling to diagnose, so there wasn't much we could do that he would be in any condition to enjoy. I ended up paying for us to each try a session of acupuncture, so he could get some relief for a bit. I am also a massage therapist, so I could recommend a massage gift certificate as the sort of gift a lot of people enjoy but never bother to do for themselves.

1 - 20 of 75 Posts