VeggieBoards banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
let me get right to the point: i miss peanut butter cups. i don't miss cheese, or dairy, or eggs, or cookies or cupcakes. i can make or exchange all of those things.

but every peanut butter cup i've found has either been not vegan (surprise) or terribly expensive. like $20 for two. does anyone know where i can get some vegan ones or does anyone have a recipe to make them? please and thank you

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
http://www.loveveggiesandyoga.com/20...tter-cups.html
1/2 c melted chocolate (i.e. 2 Full-Size Squares of Melted Bakers Brand Chocolate because its dairy-free, or melt 1/2 c Chocolate Chips, or a Cocoa Powder/Agave/Coconut Oil Mix)
2 Tbsp Peanut Butter
1/2 Tsp Nooch (i.e. Nutritional Yeast)
Yields: 2 Peanut Butter Cups. Intentionally a very small recipe, feel free to mass-produce.

It's surprising how easy they are to make. I'm sure the nutritional yeast isn't nessacary though

·
Registered
3,423 Posts
I miss M+ms! I guess PB cups too, but they're easy enough to make yourself. And I miss eating the hershey's mini candy bars....there are no candy bar treats that don't have milk fat in them. So, I either eat Ghirardelli choc chips, or buy a bar of Lindt 70% or some of the organic fair trade bars that are.....just not quite the same.

·
Premium Member
16,664 Posts
Go Max Go makes a fantastic line of vegan candy bars, and they are coming out with peanut butter cups soon! I'm excited

Quote:
Romeo and Juliet. Cleopatra and Antony. Peanut Butter and Chocolate. Some romances turn out better than others. At long last, our one-and-only rice-milk chocolatey coating cuddles the creamiest, dreamiest, peanut butter filling ever! So, if this combo makes you want to walk like an Egyptian, Cleo's™ peanut butter cups are for you!
http://gomaxgofoods.com/

I second the recommendation for the recipes too, you can make fantastic dairy free peanut butter cups on your own

·
Rat Queen/Mouse Matriarch
836 Posts
Those PB cup recipes are dangerous. I'm off to make some now.

Update: VERY tasty and they harden up quick in the freezer. A lot like the original.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Photojess View Post

I miss M+ms! I guess PB cups too, but they're easy enough to make yourself. And I miss eating the hershey's mini candy bars....there are no candy bar treats that don't have milk fat in them. So, I either eat Ghirardelli choc chips, or buy a bar of Lindt 70% or some of the organic fair trade bars that are.....just not quite the same.
Have you tried this "Classic Recipe Dark Chocolate" Lindt bar? I found it at Wal-Mart. It said "New" on the wrapper so I think they just recently came out with it. It's a little richer than a Hershey bar, but not bitter at all like 70% cocoa can be.

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KirstenKat View Post

1/2 c melted chocolate (i.e. 2 Full-Size Squares of Melted Baker's Brand Chocolate because it's dairy-free, or melt 1/2 c Chocolate Chips, or a Cocoa Powder/Agave/Coconut Oil Mix)
2 Tbsp Peanut Butter
Yields: 2 Peanut Butter Cups. Intentionally a very small recipe, feel free to mass-produce.

It's surprising how easy they are to make. I'm sure the nutritional yeast isn't nessacary though
I would add some powdered sugar and maybe also some earth balance to the peanut butter mixture to make it more like the reeses-style cups.

·
Registered
3,423 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. T View Post

Have you tried this "Classic Recipe Dark Chocolate" Lindt bar? I found it at Wal-Mart. It said "New" on the wrapper so I think they just recently came out with it. It's a little richer than a Hershey bar, but not bitter at all like 70% cocoa can be.
No, I hadn't seen them, or looked at them anyway. THanks! I'll have to check them out.

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KirstenKat View Post

1/2 c melted chocolate (i.e. 2 Full-Size Squares of Melted Bakers Brand Chocolate because its dairy-free, or melt 1/2 c Chocolate Chips, or a Cocoa Powder/Agave/Coconut Oil Mix)
2 Tbsp Peanut Butter

That is definitely one way I would not have thought of using nutritional yeast!
I wonder, can you taste it in the final product? Is it just there for nutritional value?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.