VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
with the warm weather upon us i'm reminded of the little things that run the shivers up and down my spine:

toenails scratching pavement **shiver**

watching/hearing someone bite into a popsicle **shiver, shiver**

i also can't stand cotton balls, but i'm okay with nails on the blackboard.

·
Registered
7,691 Posts
cotton balls???

umm. accidentally scratching my nails against dull paper. when you're eating and your fork screeches against the plate, that sends shivers right up my arm and usually makes me drop my fork. bugs. touching a bug or finding a bug on me. watching my cat eat a bug. that feeling of being watched when you're home alone and in the dark.

soggy bread, mushy vegetables when they're gone cold

that's enough for now i guess

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I can't stand the popsicle thing either. It also freaks me out whenever my husband pulls anything out of the freezer, that horrible scratchy ice noise. He often does it on purpose to annoy me. But that's okay because all I have to do is threaten to touch him with a cotton ball, and off he runs!

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
"toenails scratching pavement **shiver**"

hmmm, I've bever ever heard of this before. IS this your toenails or someone else's ... wouldnt's one's own nails have to be really long to touch the pavement?

Hmmm, willies ... um ...I suppose certain plates when scratched with a fork will be bad

Much worse is if two forks get entangled in the drawer or dishwasher (why does this happen? are they fighting in there when I'm not looking
) and I have to pry them apart

"ARGGGGG!"

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
DK: "hmmm, I've bever ever heard of this before. IS this your toenails or someone else's ... wouldnt's one's own nails have to be really long to touch the pavement?"

this would be my toenails. it's something that could happen if your nails are a wee bit long, but not freakishly so, and you're draging your bare feet while walking outdoors. i don't recall it ever happening to me, but the idea of it make me nauseous.

i also can't handle the noise of someone sucking on a wool sweater.

·
Registered
8,591 Posts
the only thing that really gives me the heebie-jeebies is feminine hygiene products. I live with two women, and they know to keep their stuff in a box or in a cabinet so I can pretend it doesn't exist....

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Paper cuts.

This is a weird one, but looking in a mirror without a light on & open closet doors at night definitely gives me the willies. Mirrors & the dark just don't go together in my book.

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
I hate styrofoam,,,ewwww

and

blood, I really lose it at the sight of blood or maimed body parts,,, im realllllly easy to gross out.

When i was giving birth they wanted me to look down and see the baby's head coming out, so I did and immediately turned my head and threw up narrowly missing my significant other.......

·
Registered
4,965 Posts
I grew up in a household where whenever anyone (mostly my mother) would use the margarine, she would leave crumbs or a bit of whatever food she was using it on in the tub. I couldn't stand it then (which was quite a while ago), and I can't stand it now!

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
COTTON WOOL!

I cant stand the feeling... i seriously hate it.. it makes me feel weird..

Also when people spit... and its all clumpy... yuck!

And peoples bare feet touching me.. Or near my face... Especially if they are dirty... (i also seldom have bare feet)

Danny

1 - 20 of 76 Posts