VeggieBoards banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
141 - 160 of 161 Posts
Am at a point where I feel like I've more or less lost interest in conventional competitive or violent video games... and really all I play now are a few arty games.. like Child Of Eden and the wonderful Journey :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windigo View Post

Me too since today. I quit playing WoW after 7 years. I tried the free trial of this game and loved it
smiley.gif
Sounds like it's time for me to check it out too, I've been hearing about it EVERYWHERE.

Tekken tag when it releases, doa 5 when it release!

Now, Valkyrie Profile and Gravity Rush

Gotta get through Dark Souls when the patch hits..

Edit- getting over my addition of DOTA2 .... Raaawwwwh love it

I've been playing Dishonored a bit and it's really really cool, you can definitely tell the guys who made Skyrim and Fallout are behind it. It combines so many interesting elements into one game, I love it! Being able to possess rats is neat
grin.gif

Right now, I'm taking a little break from playing NCAA Football '12 (using Penn State. Just ended season 6 which I went 14-0 winning the conference championship vs. Michigan and won my 4th National Championship vs. Texas A&M). Playing Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion Game of the Year Edition. A little stuck right now on Oblivion but am trying to get through it.

#protip

If you play a game, accompany it with a good book.

Ex : playing the holy roman empire in crusader kings 2, read germany and the holy roman empire in 2 volumes.

For Skyrim you can want to read the saga of the icelanders, the poetic edda, the prose edda... and watch the movie vikings with kirk douglas

For fallout ( including the awesome fallout tactics ) there is whole bunch of post ap SF, and you can watch tarkowski Stalker.

I found it always add some more flavor to games, and vice versa.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegan cyberpunk View Post

#protip

Ex : playing the holy roman empire in crusader kings 2, read germany and the holy roman empire in 2 volumes.

For Skyrim you can want to read the saga of the icelanders, the poetic edda, the prose edda... and watch the movie vikings with kirk douglas

For fallout ( including the awesome fallout tactics ) there is whole bunch of post ap SF, and you can watch tarkowski Stalker.

That's a good idea!

I'm addicted to Dishonored now, but I really really suck at sneaking
bigcry.gif

@Thorham Had lot of fun with a flash game where you are george bush and the white house is attacked by terrorists ( i mean the ones with beards, not the ones with drones, bwahahaha ) and you gotta shoot them, there are levels and you can destroy the decoration... in some levels you can play as Rice, dual handling uzis... perhaps you could like this one. But for the free shooters i tend to stay with urban terror. The last tribes is free but too fast paced for my taste. And i suck at this one.

Spending a lot of time on Aurora pentarch those days, best space 4x ever ( if you like excel and dwarf fortress and don't care about 3D, i think i already presented it before )

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegan cyberpunk View Post

#protip

That is a good idea. Except the main game I play right now (League of Legends) doesn't have any historical analogs that I'm aware of.

Sometimes I listen to audio books and history lectures while playing games that don't require too much focus or thinking (e.g. Diablo 3, any MMORPG with a "grinding" component).

I took a 1.5 month break from guild wars 2 to play borderlands 2 (loved it!), but now that I finished that I'm back to GW2 (Nice thing about no sub fees, can jump in and out easily!) Getting close to hitting max level and having a blast so far :)

141 - 160 of 161 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.