VeggieBoards banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think emailing veggie food companies, health food stores and even supermarkets telling tham about products you'd love to see on the market is a great idea! What do you want to buy? Tell us and the whole forum can start emailing

I've recently been emailing them about non-soya products(it occured to me to do this as I am considering doing an elimination diet).

Here's one of my letters....

Quote:
I thought this may be of some interest to your company.

I have recently started doing an elimination diet to try and determine whether my eczema is caused by a food intolerance, which I suspect could possibly be to soya or wheat/gluten.

I am a vegan already and have bought many of your vegan products.

I was wondering, however if your company had ever investigated the possibility of manufacturing a bean curd similar to tofu made with a bean other than the soya bean? I am sure there would be a niche in the market for a product such as this, the only other vegan meat alternatives I can see on the market are wheat based seitan type products, which contain another very common allergen.

Another niche I can see on the market might be for non-soya "dairy" type products such as yogurts, desserts, creams, ice-creams etc. There are already many rice, oat and nut milks on the market but none of these things however.

I hope this letter provides new product ideas for yourselves that may in turn become products allergy sufferers and vegans would highly appreciate.

·
Registered
6,887 Posts
I think that's a great letter.

I for one would love to see almond milk 'ice cream'!

·
Registered
333 Posts
You can buy a kind of tofu-like concoction made from lupin here, and, aside from the obvious coconut cream, you can get oat cream. While I could do without the ice cream (which I can't find anyway, but there's always sorbet) and desserts, the one thing I haven't seen around is a non-soy yoghurt sub.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Lol, I'm always driving the companies over here (Australia) nuts with all my requests. I'm a soy intolerant vegetarian (trying slowly to move to as vegan as I can be) and we have no rice cheese, no rice deserts, even almond milk is only available in one brand and it's REALLY hard to find. I usually write and tell them about a product I buy that I love and then suggest other things I'd like to see on the shelves such as rice ice deserts etc. I think it's a good idea, who knows if they listen but if enough people do it then surely they'll realise there is demand for these things! (Great letter btw)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.