VeggieBoards banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6,902 Posts
Big difference, I think. Naturopaths, I believe just use natural remmedies. But I don't know much about it. I know other people here do.

Homeopaths use like to cure like. A homeopath is supposed to not treat a specific symptom or disease, but the whole person. They test your symptoms and personality traits. Then they assign you a substance. That substance is one which if taken would result in symptoms like what you have (including your personality). Then, they make a soultion of this substance, diluted, sometimes so diluted that there is none of the substance still in the water. The more dilute, the more powerful. Then drops of it are put onto nuetral pills that you take over a specific course. You are to avoid strong flavors and some other things during the course of the treatment.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
I have seen a holistic medicine lady in our town a number of times. She's cool. She can diagnose you (with unblieveable accuracy) by looking at your eyes. Certain colour flecks in certain areas correspond to other regions of the body.

She also heals with herbs and reflexology, etc...

I see her on occasion, and a normal MD as well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.