1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
590 Posts
The cancer association

Global Warming

Diabetes Association

etc.etc.

fake organizations that do nothing for us except guilt us in to our money to keep these people's jobs secure. I've seen nothing productive out of places like this, and if it is, it is at such a slow pace, just enough to keep people interested in donating.

·
Registered
7,014 Posts
I can't believe everyone keeps saying global warming, which is a long term problem, and ignore the fact that there are currently a billion malnurished people on this planet. There are people dying of starvation and violence every day. I'd say stopping wars and feeding the hungry take precedence.

Global warming's important, but it's not at the top of my list.

--Fromper

·
Registered
25,067 Posts
In terms of the "amount" of suffering, and the extreme nature of it, I think animal exploitation is the most horrible problem. But fortunately these things don't have to exclude each other, and many people fight on many fronts, veg*nism may help against global warming and the environment etc.

One of the most important things to do to fight that problem, going vegan, doesn't take away from other political causes.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fromper View Post

I can't believe everyone keeps saying global warming, which is a long term problem, and ignore the fact that there are currently a billion malnurished people on this planet. There are people dying of starvation and violence every day. I'd say stopping wars and feeding the hungry take precedence.

Global warming's important, but it's not at the top of my list.

--Fromper

my response to this is if we dont have a planet we cant save the starving people of the world

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by h1pp1eboy View Post

my response to this is if we dont have a planet we cant save the starving people of the world
The people in the world are going to die a LOT quicker than our planet.

Im agreeing with fromper, important but not top of list.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by h1pp1eboy View Post

That's what I was going to say. And some people estimate the world only has another 30 years or so.....

·
Registered
797 Posts
Animal exploitation

Oil dependency

Global warming

Genocide & other horrendous human rights violations

Widespread poverty/starvation & disease

Deforestation

And more locally - a complete overhaul of the entire US Gov't.

I ranked animal exploitation so highly because I believe it directly correlates to so many other problems.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Destroy media and all the lies on t.v. and make people walk outside.

Destroy welfare for lazy people who don't want to work.

And stop fastfood industries and force people to make their own food.

·
Registered
730 Posts
In no particular order:

Fazing out animal testing

Putting an end to factory farms

Feeding the hungry

Ending the seal hunt

Cutting down on poverty

Banning blood sports, animals in entertainment, etc

·
Registered
715 Posts
Not in any particular order, just some big problems that should be worked at:

-World Hunger/ Health

-Global Warming

-Animal Exploitation

-Dependence on Fossil Fuels

World peace would be great to achieve.

·
Registered
0 Posts
1. Stopping the aerial shooting of wolves in Alaska.

Then in no particular order.

Global Warming.

Poverty.

War.

Animal Exploitation.

George Bush.

·
Registered
3,795 Posts
Food saftey and distribution: There is no logical reason in the world that every person on this plant can't have safe food and water to drink.

Finding a way to ensure that all people are able to recieve quality afordable healthcare worldwide. There is no reason for people to be dying of simple, curable illnesses.

I agree with the above poster who said, "a complete overhaul of the U.S. government." I don't even need to expand on that.

Mandatory organic farming and cruelty free regulations for animals. I think there should be the same laws in place for harming a person as there is an animal. It sounds extreme, but who gave us the right to exploit another being to such an extent just because they cannot speak out.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts