VeggieBoards banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
487 Posts
Well Loki sometimes I't does take extreme measures to change someone. Slaughterhouses are real and are happening this second. I think it's good for a meateater to realize the full consequences of their choices & actions.

To use the smoking analogy, If you were trying to get someone to quit, I think it would be more helpful & effective to show that person gruesome pictures & movies of a smokers lung versus showing them that you can be a happy normal nonsmoker.

This is just my opinion.

·
Registered
4,211 Posts
I know. I just don't think it's very polite to show people slaughterhouse videos. The shocking approach isn't my bag really. And a lot of people react negatively to it.

When I am faced with these kind of issues, I remember aesop's fable of the north wind and the sun:

http://www.islandnet.com/~see/weather/arts/aesop.htm

And persuasion is an art. If you are to blatant about it, you will get nowhere. Many theorists on persuasion such as Vance Packard have suggested that there are a lot of psychological factors involved in persuasion, and that it is very much a subconscious thing.

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
I think the Meet Your Meat video is great. And now that Alec Baldwin is narrating it, it should be more user-friendly.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts