VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's your profession? Or, since I know we have a younger crowd here, are you a student?

I am a Licensed Clinical Social Worker. I work as a case manager in a long term acute care hospital.

Next!!

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsschu2u View Post

Social Worker... Inpatient psych unit
Yay! Another Social Worker! Happy Social Work month, Mrsschu2u!

·
Registered
20,217 Posts
I am a medical transcriber, specializing in Radiology (Medical Imaging). You get a chest x-ray or CAT scan of your head or an MRI of your knee, the radiologist will interpret the images and dictate the reports, and I'll listen and type 'em up. I've been doing this about 30 years now.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Currently a park ranger for a few more days/weeks/months. I'm getting forced out by the good ole boys because I don't support their ways and unfortunately they run the state of Texas.

Looking forward to a career change in the near future and discovering how many possibilities are out there. Right now my best options seem to be to return to teaching high school science (need to get my certificate in this state), return to working in an animal shelter or vet clinic, and starting new with a career in the medical field. For the last option I need to go back to school for 2 more years for nursing or occupational therapy so would have to find something to pay bills while I'm in school.

·
Premium Member
16,664 Posts
I log and digitize tapes for a reality TV show (Ice Pilots NWT)

It's booooooring, but luckily it frees up a lot of time to post random things on Veggieboards

·
Banned
2,385 Posts
nothing really. i was majoring in psychology, didn't finish. went working in the offices, hated it. got certified as a QA, didn't have luck with that. right now i work in the store and going to college in september get a diploma in computer programming

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by julz View Post

I think there is already a thread on this.

But anywho, teacher.
Sorry, I didn't see one. Maybe someone can merge them?

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Linux systems administrator, DBA, general networking, Perl and opensource software nerd. I'm currently working for an academic publishing house but the work will probably dry up here soon.

·
Registered
888 Posts
Law student, soon to graduate and looking for a job in social welfare/ refugee law. Just quit my pt job in computer sales a few weeks ago.

·
Registered
7,014 Posts
SQL Programmer/ Business Intelligence Analyst for a web/mail order retailer of vitamins, health food, and other health related products.

Before that, I worked tech support for a software company that made software for mail order businesses to manage their orders, inventory, financials, etc. My current company used the software from my former company, which is how I ended up here, working in IT supporting the business end of things. But now we're not on that software any more, and I just dig in the database to write reports and analyze data, instead of working with the new software that we use to run the business.

--Fromper

·
Registered
6,741 Posts
Student here! Majoring in Biology, graduating in the Fall of this year with a Bachelor's. After that, I'll most likely take the MCATs and see where I stand.

In the past, I worked at veterinary hospitals (kennel technician, receptionist, assistant, everything-but-the-vet!
) for about 9 years.
This is the first time in my life since I was 15 years old that school is my only job.

I also take pet-sitting jobs on the side to supplement my income.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts