VeggieBoards banner

1 - 20 of 307 Posts

·
Happy Veggie
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I decided to start a vegetarian diary so I can keep track of the food i'm eating and stick with becoming a vegetarian. People can also post their vegetarian or vegan diaries here to and give advice this will be fun so let's start.

10/22/014

Breakfast: I had a scrambled egg sandwich (i'm vegetarian so I can have eggs) and some cut up cucumber with a glass of water. Too some people this might not be very filling but I get full quite easily. At a party before I got full from eating 3 baby carrots and a cupcake! My friends and I are always laughing about that lol but it's perfectly fine for my height and weight that's what the doctor told me so it's all good and i'm a very active healthy teenager :)

Lunch: I made myself a caesar salad the salad had: Caesar croutons, romaine lettuce, little bits of garlic, little bits of green bell pepper, little bits of red onion, and some caesar dressing (I think the dressing had little black bits in it and I was told they were fish so I failed with the dressing but we don't own any without that so i'll try to find one next time I go shopping for food with my grandma) It was very yummy and I enjoyed it until I finished and realized about the salad dressing.... But it's pretty good for my first/second day.

Dinner: For dinner today I had a wrap in this wrap I had: A whole wheat tortilla wrap, Cut up green bell peppers, romaine lettuce, and cucumber. Earlier I also had two small pieces of vegetable pizza which had: Tomato sauce, Seasoning (don't remember what kind) Cheese with veges I think, and some tomato but I took off the tomato because I don't like them.

Oh let me tell you something about yesterday:

10/21/2014

So this day was like every meal everyone had meat ;( so my grandma made some tortellini (I don't like it that much anyway) and asked if I wanted any and I was just like "Oh no thank you i'm not a fan of meat" and she knows that and was fine with it then my dad had some of the meat I liked not sure what it is but I don't want to know it'll make me sad if I knew... Anyway I also said no to that with no problem. So I think i'm doing alright at this vegetarian thing :)

Anyway I think I like becoming a vegetarian it's fun! let's hope I have a good healthy lunch and dinner today too, well I hope I stick with vegetarianism for a loooooong time like forever long! Maybe in like 6-7 years when I go to collage I can try out being a vegan? Well that's a long way away let's just focus on the vegetarianism for now :)

NOTE: I'll add in my lunch, dinner, and snack to this same post with the edit option. And the next day i'll make another post in this same thread but not this exact post i'm writing in at the moment.

·
Happy Veggie
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
My Vegetarian Diary 10/23/2014

Hello again!

Here is another diary entry for today's Vegetarian Diary. Also you get to see what my older brother thinks of my new way of eating. And how my mom feels :)

Breakfast: I made my first omelet I was scared to make one because I hate the smell of burnt eggs and veges but I made it perfect! Here's what I did: Cut up some Green Bell Peppers, Red Onions, And Garlic. Sprayed my frying pan with cooking spray to stop the egg from sticking. Cracked an egg and beat it until the bottom of my pan was all egg. Then I put my veges in and cooked, and flipped, and cooked, and flipped, etc. Half way through cooking I put some bread in the toaster and made some lightly toasted toast. I took my omelet and put it on my plate until I was done putting margarine on my toast got a glass of water and enjoyed it was VERY filling. I also eat slowly so I stay fuller through out the day.

Lunch: I deiced to have a wrap so in this wrap I had: A whole wheat tortilla, romaine lettuce, shredded carrots, cut up green bell pepper, cut up red onion, cut up cucumber, and a glass of water. It was quite delicious :D

Dinner: For diner I felt like a baked potato so I made my first baked potato so on this potato I had margarine, a little tiny bit of salt, and lots of ground pepper (I love pepper) it was a pretty large potato in my option and it was very filling so I only had one potato, also I drank more water.

My mom has no problem with me being a vegetarian actually she's kinda happy for me I think. She said she was a vegetarian for 3 years to lose weight and said it was pretty hard but she also said it's a nice healthy way to eat and my oldest brother (not the one i'm going to talk about soon) would be proud to see i'm one of the few people in my family eating healthy now. I haven't told my dad i'm a vegetarian yet but he wouldn't care much anyway, he already knows I don't like meat much anyway. But you know who does not like this idea? My older brother, he is obsessed with meat! When I was looking for food he kept saying different meats and I was like "No I don't like meat and i'm a vegetarian now..." then he went on "You need meat to grow, you need meat to be strong, you need meat to live, you need meat for everything, if you don't eat meat you'll die!" then I said "Well meat has too much cholesterol and fats" then he went on again.... "No you need all of that it's healthy I asked one of my friends and she said meat is the best thing you can eat. And I think vegetarians are lame because they don't eat right they don't get protein or anything healthy you'll just starve and die" then again I was like "Actually vegetarians can be very healthy and fit and stuff if they eat right you don't need meat for protein there are lots of foods that aren't meat and better that have protein" then he said "Okay whatever but you'll be weak and can't do gymnastics or anything you like" and he gave up so yeah.... It's going to be annoying me a vegetarian living with my brother a meat obsessed person. But you know it's my body I chose what can and can't go in it after all :)

·
Happy Veggie
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
My Vegetarian Diary 10/24/2014

Here is another diary entry my veggie friends :)

Breakfast: Today I woke up later then normal so I made a quick breakfast which was: Two pieces of toast with margarine on them and a glass of water (not the best breakfast but we need to go grocery shopping tomorrow)

Lunch: Yes lunch one of my favorite times of the day! For lunch I had some vegetable noodles and a baby baked potato with margarine, lots of pepper, and a little bit of salt also a glass of water it was very yummy.

Dinner: I made my homemade pizza which had; A whole wheat pita bread, green bell peppers, garlic, red onion, shredded cheese, and Italian seasoning.

·
Super Moderator
8,959 Posts
:hi:
You've made a great decision to be veg! For you, the earth, the animals.

You're probably getting to realize just how brainwashed people are about eating animals. It takes time to really understand that veg (including vegan) diets can easily and deliciously be as varied as anything any omni eats.

It's good that you eat so many veggies, but the eggs are the only thing I see that has much protein, and you need to up the calcium and iron. That's not hard. You can get canned beans. Garbanzos are great in everything from salads, sandwich spreads made like you would egg or tuna, pasta or other grain dishes, or just plain as a snack
Lentil soups, bean soups, nut butters, tofu, seeds, whole grains, soy milk, HUMMUS! Fat free refried beans. Mexican dishes, Italian, Chinese, Indian. Add nuts to stir fries, salads. Look up smoothie recipes

Google (or whatever) is your best friend. There is so much about veg diets/nutrition, all you need to do is search!
And of course--here! We have lots of all kinds of food threads with recipes, links and advice. Including a teen only section.

The other thing that could cause you problems is that it really doesn't sound like you're getting enough calories. You may fell as full, but meat packs a lot of calories in a small amount. Adding some of the foods I suggested will help there.

Welcome!

·
Happy Veggie
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
:hi:
You've made a great decision to be veg! For you, the earth, the animals.

You're probably getting to realize just how brainwashed people are about eating animals. It takes time to really understand that veg (including vegan) diets can easily and deliciously be as varied as anything any omni eats.

It's good that you eat so many veggies, but the eggs are the only thing I see that has much protein, and you need to up the calcium and iron. That's not hard. You can get canned beans. Garbanzos are great in everything from salads, sandwich spreads made like you would egg or tuna, pasta or other grain dishes, or just plain as a snack
Lentil soups, bean soups, nut butters, tofu, seeds, whole grains, soy milk, HUMMUS! Fat free refried beans. Mexican dishes, Italian, Chinese, Indian. Add nuts to stir fries, salads. Look up smoothie recipes

Google (or whatever) is your best friend. There is so much about veg diets/nutrition, all you need to do is search!
And of course--here! We have lots of all kinds of food threads with recipes, links and advice. Including a teen only section.

The other thing that could cause you problems is that it really doesn't sound like you're getting enough calories. You may fell as full, but meat packs a lot of calories in a small amount. Adding some of the foods I suggested will help there.

Welcome!
Oh okay thanks for letting me know :D Lucky i'm going grocery shopping with my grandma tomorrow so on my list I have: Greek Yogurt (in Strawberry or vanilla) Tofu anything (tofu dogs? soft tofu? tofu tofu?), Special K Low Fat Touch Of Honey Granola, Cucumbers, Romaine Lettuce, Whole Wheat Pita, Apples, bananas, Coconut Milk, maybe some veggie dogs or veggie burgers? Is all that okay to get? :D

·
Not such a Beginner ;)
8,394 Posts
Yes, and add a bag/box/can of lentils and a can of some kind of bean, like black or garbanzo. There's a million easy things you can do with them.

·
Happy Veggie
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My Vegetarian Diary 10/25/2014

Hello diary readers! Here is what I ate today enjoy :)

Breakfast: Scrambled eggs (I get my eggs from a farmer just so you know) with two pieces of white bread with margarine.

Lunch: My grandma made some pizza out of a book and it had: Tomatoes, peppers, spices, cheese, and tomato sauce.

Dinner: I'll let you know after dinner :)

Today I also went food shopping with my grandma and I really wanted some foods that have protein so here's what I got at the store:

Tofu (good source of protein)

Strawberry Greek Yogurt (healthy, fruity, and has lots of protein!)

Special K low fat with fiber and whole grains granola

Veggie Hot Dogs By Yves (Don't know what they taste like yet but they have some protein)

Natural Vegan Coconut Milk

Rotini Noodles

Quick Oats

And that's all I got at the store I haven't tried all of this yet but it's hopefully going to taste as good as it looks and sounds :)

·
Happy Veggie
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
My Vegetarian Diary 10/26/2014

Okay so here is another diary entry for today I hope you enjoy it.

Breakfast: I had an awesome breakfast today! So I had some strawberry greek yogurt with some special K low fat granola and it was SO good <3 also a glass of water

Lunch: For lunch I had some Corn and French Fries with a glass of water

Dinner: Okay so for dinner I had a small baked potato with a glass of water and on my potato I had salt, and lots pepper with some margarine (Okay I'm in LOVE with baked potatoes encase you didn't know their one of my favorite foods next to watermelon)

Snacks: Oh I deiced i'm going to post some mid day snacks I had. Okay so I did have some lays original chips (a small bag) as pay meant for yard work today by my grandma, and also I had a girl guide cookie, and two little packs of strawberry Twizzlers, also some baby carrots and some crackers oh and I had one brownie because I cooked brownies for the family and I need to taste test it lol. Okay I really need to start cutting junk food out! I'll try harder not to eat junk and work on replacing it with healthy foods but sometimes I can have as a treat :) And I eat a lot more then I thought I always did and yet I'm as skinny as A twig :p

·
Happy Veggie
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I love this idea! I think it's a great way to keep track of what you're eating and it definitely gives me ideas on what I can do to change up my daily eating routine!!
Thanks! I'm so happy I'm helping just make sure not to eat as much junk food as I do lol luckly my family is always skinny because of genetics. Anyway I'm happy to inspire you maybe you can start a food diary too :D

·
Happy Veggie
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
My Vegetarian Diary 10/27/2014

Okay here is another diary entry.

Breakfast: I had a whole wheat (or whole grain I forget) Bagel with margarine on it and a glass of water.

Lunch: Pizza at a grocery store...

Dinner: Didn't have any yet.

Snacks: I had a girl guide cookie, pringles zesty ranch chips, water, animal fruity gummy things.

I went food shopping with my grandma again today and I got some Yves chick"N burgers I hope they taste good! Also I didn't eat much today because I was busy :)

·
Premium Member
34,591 Posts
I ate too many snacks to keep track, but here's my list for today:

Breakfast: Salted Caramel Almond milk iced coffee with avocado toast.

Lunch: Orange Chik'n, brown rice, egg roll, and hot and sour soup.

Dinner: Chik'n apple sausage on a pretzel bun.

Snacks/Desserts: Apples, Caramel/white chocolate apple, olive hummus with pita chips, some sliced frozen bananas, peach rings (vegan), and a few chocolate truffles. I also sampled a ton of different honey and jams at a local place.

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
Yesterday I had Syrian food for dinner and it was awesome! I went to a restaurant called Naranj ("Bitter Orange") for the third time since I've arrived in Kuwait. I had freshly baked Syrian bread, lentils in a citrus sauce with walnuts and crispy dough and I also had muhamarra pies which were awesome.

Aristede:book:

·
Happy Veggie
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
My Vegetarian Diary 11/1/2014

Wow it's already November! Time flys by... Sorry for not posting in awhile I got a little busy (Okay lazy I won't lie too you lol) Well so far I havn;t had any meat and I don't miss it :) Now here is what was on the menu today.

Breakfast: My famous omelet (it's not really famous but I make it so much and make it for my family it is to me) Which has: Two eggs, green peppers, red onions, garlic, salt, and lots of pepper in between two slices of ghost toast (toast in the toaster you don't cook for long basically warm bread with a little crunch) and margarine on the toast. Also a glass of water.

Lunch: Haven't had it yet.

Dinner: Haven't had it yet.

SO far that's what i've eaten today. Okay I'm like in LOVE with baked potatoes and don't know why! I'm addicted to them I eat one almost everyday for dinner or when I can't find anything to eat and i'm always craving them! I don't know why they're just sooooooooo good. I had one last night as a night time snack and i never have night snacks... Oh well there yummy and my mom says there good for you even if I drown mine in pepper a little salt and margarine hahaha :)

·
Happy Veggie
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Wow that sounds so good everyone I love hearing what you eat it's helpful and kinda fun :D Please keep posting I'd love to hear more from you <3

·
Registered
440 Posts
B: Oatmeal with strawberry-chocolate protein cream, peanut butter, and a chopped up snickers bar (after Halloween!)

L: Vegan chili with roasted potato wedges

D: Vegan red curry with aubergines and mango chutney, served over rice

+ multiple cups of coffee with almond milk and a handful of raisins!

·
Registered
440 Posts
Also, congrats on making the transition! :D Like someone else posted here, you need to pay a little attention to the protein, but it seems like you're already doing really great trying to incorporate it! My absolute favourite veggie source of protein is chickpeas/garbanzo beans. If you buy the canned ones, just chuck them in a stew/chili/soup/curry/stirfry and it'll be amazing! You can also fry them in a frying pan with some spices (try smoked paprika! It's out of this world good!) I've been known to snack on those as if they were popcorn xD

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Today's food plan

Breakfast-
malt o meal original hot cereal w/ fortified margarine
1 small navel orange
1 cup skim milk
2 cups coffee

S-
nothin' (decided to have a green apple)

Lunch-
(change of plan, buffet out with a friend)
buffet food- steamed broccoli and carrots
a mountain of gooey (YUMMY) mac and cheese
4 fluffy dinner rolls
3 small iced brownies
1 slice watermelon

S-
nothing, full from lunch

D-
1 cup homemade vegan split pea soup
1whole grain dinner roll

D-
sugar free hot chocolate
3 mini caramels

Exercise= yoga

·
Registered
88 Posts
Yesterday

Breakfast - Muesli mixed with soya yoghurt

Lunch - brown wrap with hummus and grated carrot

Dinner - lentil and butter bean cottage pie

Today

Breakfast - brown wrap with hazelnut butter

Lunch - Butter bean salad

Dinner - same as yesterday

Snacks - I'll probably eat some lentil soup or rice cakes with almond or hazelnut butter, since lunch was small.

1 - 20 of 307 Posts