VeggieBoards banner

2781 - 2800 of 4285 Posts

·
Registered
4,608 Posts
Breakfast: two cups cooked oatmeal with cinnamon and frozen blueberries; a few Brazil nuts

MS: homemade peanut butter chickpea bar

L: salad: steamed red potatoes with skin on, green beans, white beans, chopped raw collard greens from my garden, and a maple syrup/Dijon/rice vinegar dressing

D: whole wheat penne pasta mixed with raw broccoli, sunflower seeds, raisins, chopped onion, and homemade tofu mayonnaise; almond milk; banana "ice cream"

·
Registered
56 Posts
Today was not such a balanced day, but still totally vegan:

Breakfast: Pom bread toast with Kraft Peanut butter and a glass of Irresistibles Orange-Strawberry-Banana juice.

Lunch: didn't have one (that's the not balanced part)

Dinner: Yves Chick'n Tenders with Uncle Ben's Indian Curry Rice. The tenders were good but next time I'll actually cook them into something so it soaks up the flavour better.

Snacks: Grande Vanilla Bean Frappuccino with Soy and no whip (apparently it's vegan that way). I also had a bag of SS Frutas Plantain chips which were good but really unhealthy. Probably won't be indulging in these again.

·
Premium Member
2,671 Posts
black tea with almond milk

a glass of soya milk

peanut butter and strawberry jam sandwich

ramen noodle soup with peas

blueberries

vegetarian sausages, potato croquettes, roast carrots and sweet red pepper

another pb&j

muesli with soya milk

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Morning was banana smoothie (soya milk, flax, oat bran, maple syrup, vanilla essence).

Lunch was a buttered (Pure sunflower) chunky wedge of wholemeal tomato scone, and a nice big rosy Braeburn apple (great apple variety).

Dinner was a bowl of sweetcorn chowder (sweetcorn, potatoes, red peppers, butter beans, onion, celery etc.) ..and then a second bowl.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Breakfast: Pom bread toast with Kraft peanut butter with a glass of Irresistibles Orange-Strawberry-Banana juice (I'm gonna see about switching it up tomorrow)

Lunch: Avocado-cucumber sushi rolls with soya sauce and pickled ginger. I didn't touch the wasabi since I'm not sure if it's vegan.

Dinner: Immunity-Boosting Tomato Sauce with Mushrooms from The Oh She Glows Cookbook and PC Splendido Linguine.

I didn't have any snacks today, but I don't think it's necessarily a bad thing.

·
Premium Member
16,664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,787 ·
B: A couple dates and a grande cold brew with soy and caramel from Starbucks

L: Stir fry with rice noodles, baked tofu and lots of broccoli

D: Creamy smoothie made with almond butter, almond milk, dates, cocoa and flax oil

S: More dates

·
Premium Member
16,664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,788 ·
Breakfast: Pom bread toast with Kraft peanut butter with a glass of Irresistibles Orange-Strawberry-Banana juice (I'm gonna see about switching it up tomorrow)

Lunch: Avocado-cucumber sushi rolls with soya sauce and pickled ginger. I didn't touch the wasabi since I'm not sure if it's vegan.

Dinner: Immunity-Boosting Tomato Sauce with Mushrooms from The Oh She Glows Cookbook and PC Splendido Linguine.

I didn't have any snacks today, but I don't think it's necessarily a bad thing.
Your dinner sounds amazing! I've been drooling over the Oh She Glows cookbook for awhile now, I'm jealous. :D

Reactions: kaitie813

·
Registered
4,608 Posts
Breakfast: Sauteed cubed tempeh and bok choy; bowl of fresh pineapple

MS: homemade peanut butter chickpea bar

L: salad: steamed red potatoes with skin on, green beans, white beans, chopped raw collard greens from my garden, and a maple syrup/Dijon/rice vinegar dressing; almond milk

D: homemade baked seitan nuggets, mashed red potatoes with skin on and some chopped onion and minced garlic in there, slices of my first ripe tomatoes of the year from my garden! and almond milk to drink

·
Premium Member
2,671 Posts
black tea with almond milk

peanut butter and strawberry jam sandwich

blueberries

ramen noodle soup with peas

a banana

another pb&j

Starburst

stir-fried green beans with rice

chips with salt & vinegar

·
Registered
31 Posts
Breakfast: Smoothie with 2 frozen bananas, a cup of mixed berries, a big handful of chopped kale, cocoa, and soy milk.

Post Workout Snack: Overnight oats made up like prot-meal (if you're familiar with the term :p) Basically I just combined some oats with cinnamon, nutmeg, a half scoop of chocolate protein powder, and water. Leave it in the fridge overnight and, bam!, you've got an instant snack for tomorrow

Lunch: A small heart of romaine made into a salad with some trinity blend quinoa and raisins.

Snack #2: Casually ate some crackers while prepping dinner

Dinner: I tried out a new recipe today. An absolutely delicious pasta casserole with penne, graffiti eggplant, zucchini squash, tomatoes, bell pepper, onions, garlic, and lots of fragrant Italian spices. Here's the link if anyone's curious: http://blog.fatfreevegan.com/2015/04/the-best-rigatoni-and-vegetable-casserole.html
My die-hard omni brother even tried some and liked it, if that's telling you anything :D Even with the tofu "cheese" it had!

Reactions: kaitie813

·
Happy vegan
141 Posts
Overnight oats: almond milk, oats, cinnamon, pecans, agave
Kashi Go Lean cereal (the plain one)
4 oranges
Handful of grapes
Vegan pizza from Domino's! No cheese, extra sauce, thin crust, banana peppers, green peppers, red peppers, olives, and spinach.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Today I ended up having a couple non vegan but still vegetarian things. One was by accident the other was a bad choice but I'm committed even stronger to having a more vegan friendly diet.

Breakfast: a big bowl of green grapes

Lunch: Tomato Basil soup from a Brioche Doree Cafe. I was very hungry and after I got it and sat down, I noticed it looked like there may have been a bit of cream in it. We're on a road trip to my dads and I stupidly didn't pack snacks, so I was super hungry and I ate it.

Dinner: I ate a Dole salad with Cheddar Chipotle Dressing. I'm visiting my dad and he's not totally acclimatized to my vegan diet so I ate some. He did however get some delicious PC Blue Menu Portobello Swiss style Veggie Burgers and I had one with some Kraft BBQ Sauce and lettuce.

Snacks: Had a tiny bit of a nut mix my sister bought, some crackers and a banana.

Dessert: had a slice of strawberry-rhubarb pie. Even though there was no sugar added, it was really sweet.

·
Registered
18 Posts
1-breakfast........oatmeal with 1 tsp of peanut butter and sea salt....1/2 cup Orange juice
2-lunch.............sauteed tofu in 1/4 tsp peanut butter....with chopped onions..red bell peppers..fresh string beans...
3-dinner............seitan.....1/2 cup....my fav thing!...soy blueberry yogurt
4-snack.............1/4 cup of fresh cranberries
snack.............popcyle
5 8zs of water...4 teas..decaf

(2) viativ chocolate chews for calcium

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
(2) viativ chocolate chews for calcium
I googled this out of curiosity to see what it was, and they are not vegan. There's milk in the ingredients.
Not saying this to sound like the "vegan police"; maybe you didn't know either. Or maybe you're OK with it. Just saying in case you didn't know.

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Breakfast: Almond chocolate milk. Gardein mini chick'n burger.
Snack: Banana
Lunch: Garlic rice. Fajitas (Portobello mushrooms, green and red bell pepper, and onion. Whole wheat tortillas).
Snack: Kale and quinoa bites.
Dinner: Lentil soup. Pita wrap (eggplant, tomato, lettuce, pickles, onion, hummus, tahini sauce)

Reactions: Spudulika

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
We had a big cooked breakfast this morning including baked beans, scrambled tofu with piri piri seasoning, plum tomatoes and carrot and potato latkes (these were good!).

Lunch was a cannellini bean dip with crudites (celery, carrot, cucumber) and wholewheat pitta breads.

Dinner later is going to be oodles of fresh spinach from the garden (he rounded up a load of rogue self-seeded plants from various flower beds this morning and I've now prepped it all), smokey rice & beans with sweetcorn (going to make a big batch of this shortly), and pan fried Clear Spot tofu and sesame burgers (very yum, though not really a "burger" exactly).

Later if I'm not feeling too lazy, I'm hoping to make some apple crumble to go with the carton of Alpro custard currently calling to me from the fridge. Oh and I've got some sparkling rose grape juice too. Gonna be a greedy day :)

ETA: So glad I made that crumble!
This is my topping: 125g demerara sugar, 125g wholewheat flour, 65g porridge oats, 125g dairy-free spread. All rubbed in then poured over fruit and baked.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Breakfast: Almond chocolate milk. Gardein mini chick'n burger.
Snack: Banana
Lunch: Garlic rice. Fajitas (Portobello mushrooms, green and red bell pepper, and onion. Whole wheat tortillas).
Snack: Kale and quinoa bites.
Dinner: Lentil soup. Pita wrap (eggplant, tomato, lettuce, pickles, onion, hummus, tahini sauce)
Did you make the kale & quinoa bites? I'd like to try those :)

2781 - 2800 of 4285 Posts