VeggieBoards banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Obviously there is a lot that can be done with cous cous, but does any one know any delicious (vegan) recipes?<br><br><br><br>
I'm a vegan male and, although I like the idea of cooking, I'm not very good at it. I have a small packet of cous cous and I'm not sure if there is anything I can do with it...

·
Registered
7,858 Posts
I use it to stuff peppers, which is tasy and easy.<br><br>
Just cook the cous cous, take a pepper, chop it in half, fill both halves with cous cous, and put it in the oven a while. Maybe you were looking for something more complex though...

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Send it to me.<br><br>
Uhhhh<br><br>
Make a salad?<br><br>
Shove in a curry?<br><br>
Thats what I usally do (or when i dont fancy rice) - for some reason all i can find is pre-flavoured stuff so i guess theres more options with plain<br><br><br><br>
I want to make stuffed pepeprs now though. Note to self: buy peppers

·
Registered
875 Posts
I normally fry up some veggies with herbs or moroccan type spices, add the cous cous to the pan, top up with however much boiling water it says on the packet and leave it to cool. Then I would stir in a can of chickpeas and some pine nuts maybe, put into tubs and take it to work for lunch.

·
Registered
927 Posts
Try this:<br><br><br><br>
Fry some onions and garlic, then fake (Italian) sausage, add coarsely chopped tomatoes and couscous. Drizzle with lemon juice.

·
Registered
7,577 Posts
My favourite is cous-cous and vegetable curry.

·
Registered
683 Posts
A couple of good salads (cook the couscous and let it cool, add seperately)<br><br><br><br>
Corn, tomato, black beans, avocado, parsley (or cilantro), a little red onion, and dressing (lime juice, olive oil, a little chili powder, salt)<br><br><br><br>
Tomatoes, chickpeas, parsley (or mint)--a whole lot, kalmata olives, onion, garlic, and dressing (olive oil, lemon juice, salt).<br><br><br><br>
Both of these are also great a day or two later as leftovers.

·
Registered
6,887 Posts
You can use couscous the same way you would use any rice or pasta.<br><br>
It's nice as a bed for a stir fry, or even just with some tomato sauce and grilled/roasted/sauteed veggies and tofu or chickpeas thrown on top.<br><br><br><br>
I also like making cold couscous salad, with chickpeas, mint, black olives chopped into little tiny bits as well as some minced carrots and peppers- toss with a tiny bit of olive oil, lemon juice and pepper.<br><br>
Mmmm... I want this right now!

·
Registered
213 Posts
Saute snow peas, water chestnuts, and garlic in olive oil, lemon zest, and lemon juice. Serve over couscous. It's definately one of my favorite easy comfort foods.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts