VeggieBoards banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any ideas on what to do with peanut flour?

I love bread, but I'm not sure if peanut bread would be strange or not. What compliments peanuts well? I'm at a loss.

Ideas? Thanks!

·
Registered
321 Posts
You could use it to make homemade granola or granola bars... check out the recipe for granola bars and use the peanut flour in place of the bread flour. You could make it peanut granola bars! mmm

·
Registered
4,604 Posts
I've never heard of peanut flour, but I doubt it would have the same properties as grain flours, so I wouldn't try the regular bread recipes. I like the granola bar idea though. Sounds yummy!

·
Registered
787 Posts
Peanut flour= ground peanuts?

I'm not entirely sure what it is, but it wouldn't have gluten so wouldn't rise in a yeast bread recipe. You could try a small proportion in a soda bread recipe, if that's the route you wanted to go? Or try it in cookies, yummm.

Granola bars also sound brill!

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ahh got it- no gluten, right. I'm not very good at chemistry.

BUT cookies and granola bars sound like a good route.. I'll definately be experimenting with this, I'm intrigued.

·
Registered
787 Posts
^ Quickbreads rise courtesy of baking powder/soda, though, not gluten/yeast- so they'd work out just fine.
A high percentage might be overwhelmingly peanut butter, but 1/4-1/3 of the flour would work great in a quickbread!

·
Registered
441 Posts
because it's a legume, i would assume it's similar to soy, garbanzo, fava, navy bean flours, and so on. they often cook dense and dark, so i would use it with other flours in small amounts, and reduce the heat in the oven. or, near the end of the baking, top with foil so the top doesn't brown too much.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts