• When vegetarians misspell 'vegetarian'

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • When physicists say 'nucular'

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
6,887 Posts
I mispelled accuracy in some meeting minutes last month.

That annoyed my controller!!!!

( I spelled it with 3 ccc's)

And I vote mispelling vegetarian, because I don't talk to a lot of nuclear physicists.

·
Registered
20,217 Posts
I vote #1. Physicists should, of course, know how to pronounce nuclear properly, but a lot of people pronounce it "nucular" and we still know what they're talking about. But vegetarians not knowing how to spell vegetarian? It's like misspelling your own name!

signed, Ammyyyyyee Esseff

·
Registered
8,743 Posts
It really bothers me when Bush says "nucular." I don't know if he's trying to sound "homey" and somewhat uneducated for his support base, or if he really doesn't know (hard to believe that none of his advisors would tell him, or coach him). I don't think I've ever heard a physicist mispronounce it, and it would surprise me.

It doesn't really bother me when veg*ns can't spell - it's not really expected in order to be a veg*n.

·
Registered
19,134 Posts
No no no.

The worst one is "supposubly". Seriously, what the hell does that even mean?

·
Registered
16,090 Posts
This thread reminds me of vegieworld.com. It bothers me to type that URL everytime I want to look up some weird fake meat product. How can you create a popular store and leave out a letter in your store's name. It's veggie not vegie! (Which is not to mention how attrocious that website appears in Firefox).

·
Registered
284 Posts
'nucular' bothers me when it's said by george bush. i know, i know...i shouldn't hold such high standards for a leader, but i can't help it. i just think that if you're going to be trying to take over other countries, you should at the very least be able to complete a sentence without making up a word. im just sayin'.

·
Banned
1,774 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpickell View Post

This thread reminds me of vegieworld.com. It bothers me to type that URL everytime I want to look up some weird fake meat product. How can you create a popular store and leave out a letter in your store's name. It's veggie not vegie! (Which is not to mention how attrocious that website appears in Firefox).
I think it's because the "veggieworld" domain name may have already taken. It belongs to one of those silly directories that I'm not sure anyone really uses

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.