VeggieBoards banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
20,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I've asked this in previous years, a lot of members responded that they were probably going to stay home and celebrate quietly by themselves, or with family and/or friends.

So if that's the case, who the hell are all those people we see gathering in Times Square to watch the ball drop at midnight?

So, okay, New Year's Eve 2011, will this pattern hold up or change any? Anyone going to shows or concerts or just hanging out in the public square with other strangers, or have a special late dinner at a nice restaurant?

And who will be asleep by midnight because the whole New Year's Eve celebration thing has gotten a little old?

No poll this year, sorry.

·
Impeach the gangster
10,052 Posts
No plans. I don't believe in astrology anyway.

·
Herbivorous Urchin
9,717 Posts
Going down to Seattle for a big party

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
I'll be at my parents house and luckly they might have snow , so we'll stay home, my parents usually have the rockin eve thing on TV and watch the ball drop and stay up and drink a bubbly , two years ago my aunt and uncle came to visit while my husband went to bed he goes to bed early so he won't ring in the new year, the only thing that weekend I'll come close to going out is the 30th because that is when my other sister will have her Christmas after her vacation with her own family Christmas vacation celebration. So not sure whats going on, we are planning on heading back down to our home the 2nd of Jan so we can't party too much.

·
Herbivorous Urchin
9,717 Posts
I wont lie, I have *never* drank any alcohol, but I want to try the peppermint mocha Kahlua, or however you spell it.

·
Registered
10,324 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy SF View Post

And who will be asleep by midnight because the whole New Year's Eve celebration thing has gotten a little old?
Me! I'm asleep by midnight every night and New Year's Eve won't be any different. I never got why everyone makes a big deal out of New Years.

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
I will be drinking lots of vodka. & then some extra vodka on top of that.

Usually we try to do something crazy on New Year's but as it's always such a let down we're aiming to stay local. Until half 12 I'm staying in a local bar with family & some friends & then after that my friends & will run along to the local club until morning time. AND THEN...it is my Birthday.

The best thing about this plan is we can just walk home! No triple taxi fares for us. Extra money for extra vodka heck yeeeeah.

·
Registered
7,577 Posts
First off, I'm going to a vegan restaurant for an asian banquet with some friends, then we're heading down to Sydney harbour for the celebrations at midnight, and after that we're off to a club to dance away the rest of the morning.

·
The prowling wolf
878 Posts
I'm celebrating with one friend and a dozen unknown people who are friends of my friend. I'll see how it turns out

·
Registered
4,093 Posts
not sure yet.....we sometimes throw a big bash or attend a friends party or stay home w/family and friends and celebrate...sometimes I dont do anything cause I/we am working that day and either go to sleep early or just watch it on tv cause I/we gotta work early the next day ...depends on alot of things.

Hippie New Year (Early)

seasons and peaceful greetings

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Got the work roster today and found out that I have new year off! Not working til 2nd Jan so I can actually celebrate. I do not know how yet as I must discuss with my friends to see what we all want to do.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nishani View Post

First off, I'm going to a vegan restaurant for an asian banquet with some friends
Which one???

I'm working, keeping those drunken crowds in some type of order.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.