VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 103 Posts

·
Ankle Biter
9,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So for on those nights when cooking-from-scratch is just not going to happen, what are your favorite fast and easy vegan foods or meals? I'm talking micro-wave boxed entrees, canned soups, Whole Foods deli and salad bar items, that sort of thing - foods that you turn to when you're not really in the mood to cook or when you know your day is going to be crazy.

My latest favorite is Boca Burger's spicy chick'n patties. We had them tonight on Food for Life buns with vegenaise, lettuce and tomatoes and corn-on-the-cob. They were wonderful!

·
Registered
691 Posts
Dolmas and marinated mushrooms from Fry's (local grocery store) olive bar.

Can of split pea or lentil soup (Amy's or Trader Joe's brand).

Mixed greens salad with cucumber, tomato, sliced strawberries and if I have them raw pepitas or sunflower seeds sprinkled on top. No dressing, just a tiny dash of sea salt.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Whole Foods: Emerald sesame kale with brown rice and herb-crusted field roast OR raw kale and avocado salad plus quinoa, chickpea, and chickpea salad.

Sometimes, I'll just make up a quick salad of field greens, avocado, sun-dried tomatoes, chick peas, and lemon.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I love this thread, because I have to have some vegan foods in the house to maKe quicK sometimes. I put a potato in the microwave and had organic smart balance on it and corn on the cob. I should have added a protein food to that though.

·
Ankle Biter
9,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My daughter and I also love Amy's vegan pot-pies. With some fresh salad, it makes a great quick meal.

·
Premium Member
16,664 Posts
Ooooh, this is a great thread for me. I often don't cook!

I work night shifts and I'm usually too lazy/busy to cook something for dinner in the afternoon, so Whole Foods deli/salad bar stuff is definitely a life saver. They usually have things like chili, vegetable soups, lentil curries, pakoras, vegan shepherd's pie, and of course salads of all kinds. Sometimes I'll grab a smoothie or something instead.

For nights at home when I don't want to make anything I'll have things like Amy's roasted vegetable pizza or canned soup, veggies and dip, peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, take out sushi or chinese, or I'll put some fries and Gardein crispy tenders in the oven for 20 minutes and pretend I cooked

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Usually if I'm not cooking my boyfriend is
muwaha.

Occasionally, if I don't want to cook, I treat myself to either chips and mushy peas from the chip shop or an indian takeaway
Total guilty pleasures, but that way there's no washing up either!

I sometimes like to use stir-fry sauces and vegetables and fresh noodles if I'm in a hurry because that cooks in litereally five miniutes! Awesome.

Otherwise I eat not-cooking foods mostly for lunch when I have fresh soups (either covent garden or sainsburys ones!) some are quite tasty and I don't want to cook from scratch two meals a day!

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Werewolf Girl View Post

Ooooh, this is a great thread for me. I often don't cook!

I work night shifts and I'm usually too lazy/busy to cook something for dinner in the afternoon, so Whole Foods deli/salad bar stuff is definitely a life saver. They usually have things like chili, vegetable soups, lentil curries, pakoras, vegan shepherd's pie, and of course salads of all kinds. Sometimes I'll grab a smoothie or something instead.
I went to one of those in london, it was sooo delicious! But I don't know if I just got too excited, or it was horribly expensive, or both, but it ended up costing a fortune!
Lucky you anyway because if I could afford to, and there was a wholefoods where I live, I'd LOVE to be able to do that!

·
Registered
456 Posts
Bean burritos and lots of hot sauce.

I also have a weakness for Amy's roasted veg pizza. Mmmmmm.

·
Registered
20,217 Posts
Massive salads, which I love because it allows me to have fresh and raw foods and I can throw just about anything into it, including protein such as beans, fake chicken, grilled seitan, etc.

·
Ankle Biter
9,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockette79 View Post

Bean burritos and lots of hot sauce.

I also have a weakness for Amy's roasted veg pizza. Mmmmmm.
^^^ I have a weakness for both of those.

·
Registered
10,728 Posts
Me three!

Another vote for Amy's pot pies. I put Red Hot and nutritional yeast on 'em

At nearly $4 each, they are an occasional treat.

·
Registered
132 Posts
A salad... though that usually still involves prep time. a can of lentils with toasted tortilla, maybe with a little brown rice syrup.... though I still have to at least HEAT the lentils. Worst case scenario, I have some fake Chix patties in my freezer. Just zap them and dump hot sauce on them. Good thing I don't mind cooking most of the time.

·
Unintentionally Kittened
683 Posts
Hummus and an assortment of vegetables. Seasoned beans (or plain and only rinsed :p). Hummus burritos- tortilla, hummus, salsa, and maybe black olives, lettuce.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Vegetarian chilli (Canned) on top of fritos

Hot dogs cut up in chilli

sauerkraut with cut up hot dogs in it.

Yeah.. Thats basically what I live off of...

·
Super Moderator
8,961 Posts
Like tonight? Half a box of Triscuit rosemary and olive oil crackers

Followed by a bag of frozen asparagus.

Last time I pressed tofu in a mixture of crushed pretzels and black pepper and dry fried it in a cast iron. Microwaved broccoli.
Gardein is always a tasty choice-seven grain nuggets lightley sauteed and topped with hot sauce.

1 - 20 of 103 Posts