VeggieBoards banner
41 - 57 of 57 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,403 Posts
I'm seeing a lot of music I love here. Some of my favourites right now:

A Perfect Circle, Tool, Puscifer, Emilie Autumn, Fiona Apple, Elliott Smith, David Bowie, Pink Floyd, Nine Inch Nails, Primus, Billie Holiday, Nina Simone, Radiohead, Modest Mouse, Eagles of Death Metal
grin.gif

·
Registered
121 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Werewolf Girl View Post

I'm seeing a lot of music I love here. Some of my favourites right now:

A Perfect Circle, Tool, Puscifer, Emilie Autumn, Fiona Apple, Elliott Smith, David Bowie, Pink Floyd, Nine Inch Nails, Primus, Billie Holiday, Nina Simone, Radiohead, Modest Mouse, Eagles of Death Metal
grin.gif
Funny, almost what I listened to when I was 15. I think I went from needing a daily dosage of NIN to not needing music at all (and if any then instrumental/ambient) during the past 11 years.

·
Registered
9 Posts
The Smiths

Morrissey and whatever band is backing him currently

The Clash

R.E.M.

Metropolitan Opera Orchestra

Reactions: Tom

·
Registered
13 Posts
Primarily electronic

Amon Tobin (genius), King Cannibal/Zilla, Raiden, Aphex Twin, Dave Tipper, Actress, Phace, Lorn, Daedelus, Burial, Massive Attack, Zero dB, Ghislain Poirier, Shackleton, Broken Note, Emika, Mochipet

Hip Hop

El-p/Run the Jewels, Aesop Rock, Saul Williams, DJ Kentaro, Sage Francis, Killer Mike, Sixtoo, Tribe Called Quest, Felt, Beastie Boys,

Don't mind Tool, love Radiohead and Bjork, and still stuff from my youth like Snuff, Sick of it all, Gorilla Biscuits, Ministry, Sepultura, Descendents, Dead Kennedys

·
Registered
13 Posts
Right now I'm listening todo the Julie Ruin, Anna Calvi, Arcade Fire,...

But my all time favourites include Björk, Bikini Kill, le Tigre, the Cure, Janis Joplin, Led Zeppelin, Nirvana, Foo Fighters, Beastie Boys, Joy Division, the Gits, L7, PJ Harvey, Incubus (old times), Kiss, and a loooooooong etc

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Deadmau5, iwrestledabearonce,mcr, mayday parade,Hollywood Undead,Nirvana, foo fighters,REM,BNL,Benfolds five I also like rap Eminem and 50 cent .... some Beatles and the stones and yeah classical too and one or two country songs Lol
smiley.gif

·
Registered
5,872 Posts
I love popular(?) music (I guess you'd call it that): oldies and classic rock (Beach Boys, Beatles, Led Zeppelin, Cowsills), Indian music (e.g., Ravi Shankar- this is another category I don't know much about, but like what I've heard). I like some Country; when I was young, my family usually had it playing on the car radio when we were riding anyplace, and I saw Chet Atkins with my Dad. One depressing thing about popular music is that I can really love something when I first hear it, but then I get... tired of it, I guess you'd say. Classical music is my favorite, overall.

I sometimes make a point of listening to newer music such as Nirvana, Morrissey, Bjork, Nine Inch Nails, and Green Day now and then, just to check out what's going on. I know it's good, but I usually can't get into it go the extent that I'd go to a live concert or buy a recording.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Even though I know that they aren't real, my favorite band is The Commitments. I've seen that movie at least a half dozen times since it came out and, once in a while, I still listen to a tape of their music to this day.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=VSXGeUQc0Co

41 - 57 of 57 Posts