VeggieBoards banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The holidays can be stressful for anyone. It can be especially difficult for a veg*n who's friends and family do not understand or accept their way of life. I have read a few depressing posts on VB lately, so I decided to start a thread with a positive message. We probably have at least one thing in our lives that we are happy about. Lets all list one thing we are thankful for.

I am thankful that I have an understanding and supportive husband. Four years ago when I decided to become vegetarian, he took it in stride. He didn't make fun of me and he has never tried to talk me out of it. He stood by me and supported me when the rest of my family mocked and scorned me. He even bought me new cookbooks for Christmas.

Last month when I decided to transition from lacto/ovo to vegan he continued to support me. Even though he is still an omni, he never complained when I told him I no longer feel comfortable having meat, eggs and dairy in the house. He respects my feelings and eats vegan food when he is at home. Today for thanksgiving he sat down with me to a meal of stuffed peppers and garlic mashed potatoes. He never once mentioned the word "turkey" even though it was once one of his favorite foods. I feel very lucky to be with such a considerate man.

So...what are you thankful for?

·
Registered
25,067 Posts
Some stranger was kind enough to borrow their cell phone to me when I needed to make a necessary call late in the evening, in a city that had removed all pay phones. I offered to pay for it but she didn't even accept the money.

·
Registered
4,483 Posts
What a sweet husband you have.Too bad we can't clone him!

Well, it's good that you asked this question.

I'm thankful to have made it through this past year;it's been a hum dinger!

But I've learned that adversity can make one a stronger person,and the very

best thing that's come out of it all is that I've learned to take pleasure in and

be thankful for the small blessings that each day brings.

I'm thankful for a lovely daughter(who will turn 21 next Monday!)who has been

nothing but a source of joy since the day she came into this world.

Finally, I'm thankful for four months meat free!This board has been a blessing,

with such wonderful people who have been so kind to answer my newbie questions,no matter how silly, with such patience.

Bless you all!

·
Registered
152 Posts
sally, I love Strangers with Candy!!!

I'm am thankful that I have the most wonderful caring loving understanding husband. I moved out of my country to come live in the UK with him and as hard as its been to adjust here....he has made the move worth every painful minute being away from my friends/family. I couldnt have ever asked for a more wonderful man in my life. I'm thankful everyday we met.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am thankful for:

my friends who make my days brighter

my job at a daycare-I love being around the kids

my mom who is very supportive

that I live in the country- I love watching the sun come up!

that I found this website-I can now talk to people like me!

·
Registered
6,902 Posts
I'm thankful to the people cleaning the sidewalks who put my lost mitten on the side of the fence so I could find it the next day. This happened a couple of weeks ago, but I still keep thinking about it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts