VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of my favorite ways is to peel the bottoms, roll around a bit with olive oil and sea salt, and bake at 500 degrees for about 7 minutes. Yum!

The other day I steamed them, and threw them in a olive oil/balsamic marinade for a couple days. It was really good in a pasta salad!

What other ways is Asparagus being prepared? Ideas, ideas!!

·
Banned
5,034 Posts
What am I doing with asparagus these days? Avoiding it (as I always have).

Sorry.... probably not what you were expecting in response.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Snap the bottoms off, place on a cookie sheet, brush with olive oil, sprinkle with garlic salt, and bake for 10-12 minutes at 400. YUM.....

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Generally I eat it, but I suppose you could do other things with it:

Dress up stalks in clothing, and have a Punch and Judy puppet play.

Stilk a stalk in each ear, and comment to someone that "I can't hear you, I've got asparagus in my ear"

Pretend a stalk of asparagus is a magic wand, and grant three wishes to random people you meet.

Put a piece of asparagus in your chair, and sneakily observe it. When someone asks you what you are doing, tell them that you are "stalking" your asparagus.

·
Registered
5,644 Posts
Funny, gruntled. Especially the "stalking your asparagus" part. LOL!

I just saw a recipe the other night where someone made quacamole with asparagus instead of avacados. It looked really good so I really want to try doing it sometime.

Hub makes asparagus tacos for me. Just one or two stalks in the tortilla and fry up like usual. The last time he did it he put in some veggies I had, some tofu I had marinated and the asparagus. It was sooooo good and even better with a bit of El Pato overtop. MMMMMMMMMM.......

I love that pasta salad idea, Justine. I may have to try that one day. What ratio of olive oil/balsamic did you use and what else did you put in?

I love asparagus! It's sooooooo good!

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Pretend you are stranded on a desert island.

Arrange the aforementioned asparagus on the ground in a way that spells out '****, I've got all this apsparagus and I don't know what to do with it'.

·
Registered
350 Posts
I love steamed asparagus and strawberries over a bed of baby greens, dressed with balsamic and olive oil, salt and freshly cracked pepper.

·
Registered
164 Posts
The only way I could ever eat asparagus was in a casserole that my great-aunt used to make (a very southern dish). Don't know if you're vegan but it was very cheesy and was topped with cheez-its crackers. It was yummy! If I find the recipe I will post it.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Asparagus is my very favorite veggie.
One of the ways I really like it is brushed lightly with olive oil, sprinkled with an herb mixture, and grilled.

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Did I mention that I sneak veggies into everythign that I can. My chili has, onions, garlic, red peppers, yellow pepper, carrots, zuchini, asparagus and tomatos

You're all free to come over for chilli if you are in the area

I'm using asparagus in my soup tonight

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Mannnnnnnn I love asparagus.

I enjoy adding it to caesar salads.

I also love adding it to a potato casserole. Yum.. so creamy and soft. Try it.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts