VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 266 Posts

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There are plenty of 'what are you eating right now' threads here so I thought I would start one for those of us who enjoy the occasional adult beverage. I'm always interested in what people around the world are drinking at any particular time.

Right now I'm enjoying a double Dickel on the rocks.

How about you?

·
Registered
4,093 Posts
I had red wine with an awesome spinach ravioli dinner....

peace

·
Registered
44 Posts
Reading this makes me want a drink, but sadly the only thing I have in is a litre of Malibu. Two things: it's not mine, a friend of mine left it here recently - she was using it as a pre-drink before we went clubbing. Although she wouldn't mind me drinking some of it, I sadly don't have coca-cola to mix with it (not the required mixer, just a preferred one), and the second thing: it's getting relatively late here and I have to be up early tomorrow. So I guess I'll leave it for now, however tomorrow is another matter!

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
I drank lots over the weekend... drinks at boyfriend's place on saturday I got through more than a bottle of wine, oops.. Then sunday for rugby world cup just had a cocktail at the bar which was really yummy. Volcanic Lava, it was good. And monday night I met a work mate for drinks and we were having vodka red bull type drinks.
I was beginning to feel like an alcoholic so was going to avoid booze for a few days but now this thread has made me want to get my peach vodka out!

·
Banned
1,189 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hohenstaufen View Post

Reading this makes me want a drink, ...
Me too. I forget how long it's been since I've drank alcohol. At least a month. Do have 1/3 a bottle of vodka. I'll try to save it for Christmas or new years. Will be a small miracle if I actually pull that off. I still often post as if I'm drunk, even though I'm not.

·
Registered
4,093 Posts
a glass of FlipFlop Pinot Grigio....love the bottle too it has a pair of flip flops and peace symbols on it.

MUch PEace and MUch LOve

·
Premium Member
34,591 Posts
This thread makes me want to mix up something, but I'm dieting
Making tea instead. Can I just pretend? I'm pretending.

I'm drinking a fruity martini with Cherry Vodka, Pineapple Rum, Island Punch Pucker, and Sweet and Sour. (Had it 2 nights ago, not completely pretending)

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
That fruity martini sounds good

The Rangers game was intense and we were at my favorite Mexican restaurant so I wound up having three mojitos and then a rum and coke while watching the game. The bartender laughed at the third mojito and the rum and coke because he's never seen me drink so many drinks there before. Tomorrow night is game 7. Do or die for my Rangers! ARRRRRGH!

·
Premium Member
34,591 Posts
Does anyone have a suggestion for low sugar/low calorie alcoholic drinks for someone who loves sweet? I LOVE Pina Coladas, Margaritas, Midori Sours, fruity martinis, and like cranberry vodka. My favorite alcoholic drink ever is Lindeman's Framboise, but it's too pricey to buy often. Help!

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by danakscully64 View Post

Does anyone have a suggestion for low sugar/low calorie alcoholic drinks for someone who loves sweet? I LOVE Pina Coladas, Margaritas, Midori Sours, fruity martinis, and like cranberry vodka. My favorite alcoholic drink ever is Lindeman's Framboise, but it's too pricey to buy often. Help!
http://lowcarbdiets.about.com/od/alc...pcocktails.htm

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
Not drinking at the moment...wait until Saturday night, though.

·
Premium Member
34,591 Posts
Quote:
The problem is, many of the recipes call for artificial sweetener. I must confess that even though I work at a restaurant with an extensive bar, I suck at drinking
I'm always looking for suggestions on drinks. I got introduced to cranberry and vodka by a bartender, that was a good suggestion. I always wondered what things taste like with tonic water and club soda, if it just diluted the liquor taste or if it changes the flavor. Never mind wondering about tonic, I just looked online and it says it's bitter. Yuck. I'm open to suggestions
My work has a new agave/lemon/lime juice mix that makes things low calorie, I should experiment with that at home.

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
Try a Tom Collins but use agave instead of sugar. A Tom Collins only has a tsp of sugar, but you might want to sub more agave to suit your tastes.

I'm not a fan of sugary drinks, so I'm not much help. I'll take a gin and tonic or a martini over that fruity stuff any day.

1 - 20 of 266 Posts