Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by angiedawn404 View Post

Right now I live in Martinsburg, WV. It's about 1 1/2 hours from DC. Basically, there is nothing to do around here. I have no vegetarian friends, there's no kind of vegetarian restaurants, "hangouts", or groups around here. I feel very desperate to meet some new people or get involved with some kinda group. Anyone from around here or have any ideas would be VERY much appreciated!
I just bought a house off route 9 in Feb 05. I'm right in between Martinsburg and Charles Town. I was actually shocked by how progressive Martin's Food store is. I'm originally from NY. I've lived in NY, CA and VA. I haven't been in WV a year yet, but it's okay. My neighbors are all red-necks, but they are honest, semi-good people.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I grew up in Huntington, WV and even though I live in Illinois now, I have fond memories of WV and I love to go back to visit whenever I get the chance. It has more than scenery! It has decent, down to earth people and a thriving appalachian culture - crafts and such. Anyway, I'm a West bygod Virginian.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Trueveggie, How cool! I work right on Rt. 9 and only live about 10 minutes away! I'm so glad there's actually someone on here who lives close to me. I also shop at Martin's. They're the best place around here for getting natural/organic food.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by angiedawn404 View Post

Trueveggie, How cool! I work right on Rt. 9 and only live about 10 minutes away! I'm so glad there's actually someone on here who lives close to me. I also shop at Martin's. They're the best place around here for getting natural/organic food.
wow! this is cool! I was actually considering going into the virginia forum because I'm so close. I just moved from shepherdstown to Inwood. I'm about 20 minutes from winchester, va and about 15 minutes from martinsburg via the interstate. I'm really impressed with martin's too. Northern VA is coming people! lol. If you all ever want to venture down the road, Shepherdstown is super vegan and vegetarian friendly. Blue Moon next to campus is an awesome place to try. Shepherdstown also has a natural food store. It's about 10 minutes from martinsburg.

·
Registered
699 Posts
I'm not in West Virginia now, but lived in south western West Virginia for most of my life. The area known as the "coal fields" near the Kentucky border, off of US119.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.