VeggieBoards banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
I live in Ohio right now. My dad's side of the family is from around Beckley. Dad went to school in Romney. I love West Virginia. Beautiful country. Where in WVA are you?

·
Registered
34 Posts
I live in Princeton, about 30 minutes from Beckley....I'm originally from california, but I moved here after high school to go to college. My dad was living here and offered to pay for college if I would go here, so....it's o.k. Took some getting used to, but I kind of like it now...I've been here 29 years.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Right now is beautiful I bet. Hey, there's pics in the gallery of when I was there visiting a couple weeks ago. Look in Everything Else. My grandma's old house is there on Route 3.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Actually, this is my favorite time of year...it's starting to cool off some, but not too cold. No snow yet. The pictures are really great! Was that in Beckley?

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
I could go to WV... it's been awhile since I was there, but it's definitely gorgeous. Well, ok, whatever the WV town close to Marietta is, isn't all that pretty, but the mountains are lovely.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by toadstool View Post

I'm in Beckley! Well, Crab Orchard, really, about 5 minutes from Beckley.
I have family in and around Beckley.

Grandma used to live in Edwhite. I have an uncle that lives in Naomi, and a few that live just outside of Whitesville.

·
Registered
342 Posts
I live in old..exciting...West Virginia
lol I guess the scenic views would be nice if you didn't see them everyday...oh and while your in visit the Ohio River on a warm day and smell the nice sewer and trash air

BTW I live in the northern part of WV

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Been awhile since anyones posted here, thought I'd drop in and say I'm currently living in Northern WV as of 6 months ago. It is scenic here... which is definitly WVs best (possibly only) quality.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Right now I live in Martinsburg, WV. It's about 1 1/2 hours from DC. Basically, there is nothing to do around here. I have no vegetarian friends, there's no kind of vegetarian restaurants, "hangouts", or groups around here. I feel very desperate to meet some new people or get involved with some kinda group. Anyone from around here or have any ideas would be VERY much appreciated!

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
Hey, anybody up for a backpacking trip to Spruce Mountain, WV? I just came back from my first backpacking trip ever, and that mountain and the trails kick butt. I'd love to do it again veggie-style.

·
Registered
457 Posts
I've been looking for a good place to go bike riding. The closest spot around here is Harper's Ferry. Where is Spruce Mountain at? I live in the eastern panhandle...closer to DC.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.