VeggieBoards banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Agree about the website - 'tis a bit psychedelic
I've been to a few of these large busy events and they are definitely worth the effort.

The cookery demo's by Liz Hughes will be good - been to several of her demos with the BVV and on a couple of her courses. Just a shame that the demo that particularly interests me - Spicy Suppers
- is late afternoon so shall probably miss it, D'OH!

TTFN,
Jon

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This is tomorrow, y'all. I'm gonna be there bright (or more likely dull) and early as I'm volunteering. Feel free to come up and say 'hi' to the fat, bald, speccy tired/hungover looking guy (I'm going to Brum beerfest tonight, 8 vegans ales to try).

·
Registered
168 Posts
Hey goldman_dancing,

Perhaps we were the only two VB'ers there
Still, the event was packed !

I went later so I could catch the spicy cooking demo ... could still taste the spices as I got on the train to go home

I usually buy just one book at the event and this year I got "The Vegan Slow Cooker" by Kathy Hester. I also found nutritional yeast flakes to experiment with, maybe try this Seitan stuff (I assume you can put chillies in it).

Great show and amazed only a quid to get in.

TTFN,
Jon

·
Registered
19,134 Posts
Sounds like it was a fun day!

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I love yeast flakes :) seitan can be used in chillies, yea. I tend not to buy the stuff.. That said I bought some from a Chinese supermarket last week :)

It was really busy on Sat! I've not heard the official numbers but I know at the last count (well, the last one before the entry money) was approx 1700 punters!

Loads of stalls sold out of stuff, including Cupcake Jo (about 2pm!), Vegusto, Goody Good Stuff, and, erm, others escape me at the moment. Though I did get the impression that some of the campaign stalls (eg. Hunt Sabs, Saancturies etc) didn't do very well.

There's talk of hiring the Wulfrun Hall in addition to the Civic Hall next year so the event could be even bigger!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts