VeggieBoards banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
And no, it wasn't the judgemental, ridiculing vegans who scared me off

Madison and I are taking an INSANE (did I mention insane?) trip to upstate NY to visit an old Army friend of mine who's husband is now stationed at FT. Drum, just south of the Canadian border...yikes. Just in case anyone is wondering, I have taken the 'war is not the answer' bumper sticker off my car in reverence to actually being on an army post again. That and I'm not a friggen idiot

On our way back, we are stopping in NJ to visit my daughter's paternal grandfather. Four days with a bi-polar sixty year old black man...FUN FOR ME! But, he is/has been will be a good friend and grandfather....and family is important...plus he's been begging us since we got to the east coast to come and visit. SO...here we go.

We will be gone for ten days. Please pray or cross your fingers (Christians and athiests respectively) for our safe return. I'll be popping in now and again until then, if I can get to a computer anywhere. But will miss you guys.

B

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Have a nice trip! Hope to see you here soon.

I'm leaving on Friday for vacation in Arizona and I think I'm coming back on the Saturday a week and a day after.

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
Have a good, safe, and fun trip!

I have some vacation starting on Saturday, though I'm not going anywhere special. It's just one of those I'm poor, but really need a long break (paid) from work type vacation. I might be here on VB more often during that week and a half, but then again I might not be. I'll keep you all posted. We might be doing some day type trips in the area, visiting places that I haven't seen yet. As long as I don't have to step foot inside of work, it's fine with me.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Just so you know, I will be expecting some interesting, personal stories....

just so I can admire and envy you....

J/K

Have a safe and fruitful trip!!

·
Registered
5,644 Posts
bethanie, have a good, safe, happy trip. I'm praying good and enjoyable things on you (especially the 4 days with grandfather - that sounds like it's own set of challenges but you'll be great, I know it
). We'll see you when you get back. Take lots of pictures and have fun with Madison.

Dee

·
Registered
7,691 Posts
have fun

1 - 18 of 18 Posts