VeggieBoards banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Zelda Freak
3,761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Welcome to the mobile version of VeggieBoards. This thread offers some super quick information about how to get started with the mobile site.

For a full help guide see the Quick Start Guide.

How do I see the Mobile version?

1) You must be logged in

2) Go to the homepage

3) Scroll to the bottom of the page and click on "Mobile"

Will I see Mobile automatically?

This program is set up to autoswitch all users to the best format based on what kind of device they're using, so you should see this automatically.

Nothing's working. I can't see it. What now?

Try clearing cookies if the "Mobile" button doesn't work for you. And make sure you're on the homepage when you try tapping it.

I suddenly got switched back from Mobile to the standard Desktop site. What happened?

There are a few reasons this could happen:

• You logged out.
  • You cleared cookies.
  • You visited a pagetype that we don't have a Mobile version for yet (such as reviews or image galleries)
  • An error occurred. If it happens again, please report it!

Does the Mobile site have all the same features as the regular site?

No. Mobile currently supports the Homepage, Private Messages, Forums, Classifieds, Member Profiles, Articles, and Site Search. Other areas of the site like Reviews and Image Galleries will be added to the Mobile version as it develops.

What do the stars and dots mean?

This and many other things are described visually in the Quick Start Guide.

Nothing works on my phone!

This Mobile site is very compatible with the default browsers in recent versions of iOS and Android. If you have an older phone, an alternative browser, or are using a different platform, like Blackberry, you may experience more trouble. Please contact us and let us know what you're seeing.

I'm a badass techno freedom fighter and I rooted my phone

That's awesome! Huddler can't say for sure if the Mobile site will work for you though.

Where do I report problems?

You're in the Mobile Feedback forum right now. Please post problems here. Open a new thread for each issue you encounter. This forum is linked from the bottom of every page on the Mobile site.

·
Zelda Freak
3,761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppy View Post

Does this replace tapatalk? Will tapatalk no longer work?
No more tapatalk.

Huddler wanted to introduce a Huddler-site specific Mobile across all their forums. One that they can offer better tech support for and such, so this will be the new Mobile from here on out. It should be turned on very soon I think.

·
Ankle Biter
9,333 Posts
Oh dear.
sad.gif
Some people really love their tapatalk!!! Do you know when tapatalk will no longer be available?

·
Zelda Freak
3,761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:

Oh dear.
sad.gif
Some people really love their tapatalk!!! Do you know when tapatalk will no longer be available?
Hmmm. Actually, what I meant was that tapatalk won't be supported as Huddler is only offering support for the new Mobile I believe. But I'm not sure if that means it's totally out or not. I will check to be sure and answer here once I find out.

·
Zelda Freak
3,761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Okay, I posted about members wanting tapatalk to work again at the Huddler support forum and this is what the Huddler tech team told me...

"We are not supporting Tap-a-Talk any longer. With the upcoming mobile release of our mobile platform, there's no need to use a 3rd party tool anymore."

I would personally take that to mean that problems with tapatalk will not be worked out via Huddler because the official Huddler mobile platform is going live so all support will be directed at that.

BUT I'm leaving a message to find out if it's gone gone or just not supported.

·
Ankle Biter
9,333 Posts
At this very moment, tapatalk is working fine.
tongue3.gif
I will try out the new mobile option today.

·
Zelda Freak
3,761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quote:

At this very moment, tapatalk is working fine.
tongue3.gif
I will try out the new mobile option today.
Is it up now? I didn't think it was going to be live on VB until Monday or Tuesday. Well, once you try it, let us know how it goes.

I'm not a mobile on-the-go type. When I leave my house I want to be AWAY from the Internet. But, I'm curious to see how it's working.

·
Ankle Biter
9,333 Posts
Ok - no it's not up now. That explains why I couldn't fine it!!

·
Registered
12,079 Posts
Quote:

Oh dear.
sad.gif
Yes, I would be one of them.
sad.gif
However, I won't despair...I am learning not to panic at the get go. I'll save the panic for if/when tapatalk no longer works and I can't figure out the new mobile version, lol.
smiley.gif

·
Registered
3,456 Posts
This is cool. Thanks!!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.