VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Banned
3,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Frank loves to eat tissues.
He could have a whole tissue box and not touch it at all, but if there's tissues out of the box laying out, he'll just scoop it up and start throwing it around and trying to eat it. He doesn't usually swallow it, though, he just chews it for a long time and makes weird noises like he's chewing gum, and then he'll start freaking out and trying to swallow it when I reach in to get it out and keep him from eating it.

My friend has an English Bulldog who she found chewing gum one day. Somehow it got a piece of gum and was just chewing it like a person, not trying to swallow it or anything, and then when my friend came to get it out of the dog's mouth, it just spat it out and walked away before she even had to try to pry it out.

Twinkle loves shoelaces, though that seems normal for a cat. One day I woke up, and Lady and her conspired together to tear my shoes up. The dog, Lady, ripped out the tongue of my shoe and was chewing on it, and Twinkle had a chomped off piece of the laces and was playing with them right beside Lady. I got so mad, but at the same time it was pretty funny, too, to seem them together tearing things apart.

Frank will start randomly playing with and attacking blankets, too. He'll start digging and turning in circles in a panic, like he's going to lay down, but he starts doing it more aggressively until he stops and starts barking at the blankets, pouncing on them, pawing at them, and grabbing the blanket with his paws and trying to stuff it in his mouth.

·
Registered
10,324 Posts
Frank sounds exactly like my Princess. She does the exact same thing. It's kinda gross how she loves tissues and napkins. Even q tips. She also does the dancing in circles when going to lay down. For some reason she loves to chew on the edges of pillows and blankets.

She is also a sock thief! She loves stealing socks...especially if they are dirty socks.

I'm so glad she's older now and not in that "chew everything in site" phase. Nothing was off limits for her back then. She'd chew on everything and anything.

·
Banned
3,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Frank loves socks, too. I roll my socks in a ball so the pairs don't get lost and he loves to roll them around and chew on them. :p

·
Registered
642 Posts
One of our old cats had a thing for bottle tops (like you might find on a regular water bottle). If you set one down she would grab it and hide it away somewhere. We once found a pile of about ten or so stuffed in the back of the closet. Another of our cats had a similar obsession with hair ties.

·
Registered
7,014 Posts
Flash chews on cardboard, wooden baskets, the edges of the furniture, the corners of walls, my clothing, etc. But that's all perfectly normal for a rabbit.

Actually, the weird part with him is that he doesn't eat the carpet. Because he doesn't, I'm able to leave him out of his cage and let him wander the living room most of the time when I'm home, without constant supervision.

--Fromper

·
Banned
3,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bright Bird View Post

One of our old cats had a thing for bottle tops (like you might find on a regular water bottle). If you set one down she would grab it and hide it away somewhere. We once found a pile of about ten or so stuffed in the back of the closet. Another of our cats had a similar obsession with hair ties.
My cat does that too! She loves bottle tops and hair ties, really she'll just play with anything that's out. Lately her new obsession is gumballs. Like the giant, individually wrapped ones you get in giant bags of Halloween candy. She loves throwing those and rolling them around

·
Banned
1,803 Posts
Weirdest thing?

Used sanitary towels and tampons...

The bathroom door had to be barricaded at certain times of the month to stop her raiding the bin... (This is one of my old dogs BTW.)

And then she would mope around the house when we had finally been able to wrestle them off her....

·
Banned
3,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annia View Post

Weirdest thing?

Used sanitary towels and tampons...

The bathroom door had to be barricaded at certain times of the month to stop her raiding the bin... (This is one of my old dogs BTW.)

And then she would mope around the house when we had finally been able to wrestle them off her....
My dog, Lady, rips open brand new, unused packages of them and shreds them around the house and yard, in addition to the used ones.
We always have to keep the door closed to the bathroom, but the rest of my family always forget so I'm stuck cleaning up her mess because no one knows how to listen and close the door

·
Registered
10 Posts
my dog will eat just about anything food-based. and crayons. she once tried to eat a pen, and made a mess. she used to eat walnuts and mushrooms in our yard, but she learned her lesson the hard way :p

·
Impeach the gangster
10,052 Posts
Winkie likes white stuff, especially tissue. If it's white, it's hers. When I'm gone, she turns over the waste basket, but only pulls out the white things.

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
Our old bull terrier, who I had as a child wasnt allowed in most of the house. But once when he was a young dog and I was only about 5, we went out for a while, and came home.

My parents noticed that my brother's toys were all lined up neatly in the lounge: his big red hippo, a stuffed horse, and a number of other soft toys were all there. My father noticed the side door open, and I remember him saying "Do we have some people with their kids visiting?"

Then Brutus appeared, carrying another soft toy from my brother's room in his mouth. Someone had left the door open a crack and he had been in the house while we were out. The interesting thing was he didnt destroy the toys or make a mess in the house, he only piled the toys up neatly in the lounge.

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
My chinchilla Dill like to chew the doormat at the front door and also gets inside my boyshapes shoes to chew the laces(tucked in rather than tied)
And he gets up on my head and nibbles my hair...weirdo.

·
Banned
3,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freesia View Post

Our old bull terrier, who I had as a child wasnt allowed in most of the house. But once when he was a young dog and I was only about 5, we went out for a while, and came home.

My parents noticed that my brother's toys were all lined up neatly in the lounge: his big red hippo, a stuffed horse, and a number of other soft toys were all there. My father noticed the side door open, and I remember him saying "Do we have some people with their kids visiting?"

Then Brutus appeared, carrying another soft toy from my brother's room in his mouth. Someone had left the door open a crack and he had been in the house while we were out. The interesting thing was he didnt destroy the toys or make a mess in the house, he only piled the toys up neatly in the lounge.
That's adorable
the other day Frank the Pug was doing something similar. He had followed my mom out to the garage to do laundry and saw that she had some of my little brothers' stuffed animals in the laundry bucket. So he came inside, tipped over my laundry bucket, scattered out the laundry, then picked out the two toys of his that I was washing and put them in his toy bucket (which looks the same as the laundry bucket and was right next to it, so I'm not sure how he could tell the laundry apart from the toys but somehow he knew). Then he kept looking through the knocked over laundry and tried to take some socks to his toys bucket before I stopped him

·
Registered
20,217 Posts
My cat Sabrina likes to play with the vacuum cleaner attachments. She holds them between her paws and rubs her face on the bristles.

Because I keep the vc attachments in the closet most of the time, I decided to leave out a couple of my old hairbrushes for her to play with. She will be eternally grateful.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
My dog Tootsie used to love squeaky toys. She used to carry them around and make little beds for them. One Christmas we wrapped up a toy for her and put it under the tree. In the morning we came down and found presents and paper all over the floor and Tootsie looking sheepinsh with a squeaky Christmas pudding in her mouth!

·
Banned
3,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hekaterine View Post

My dog Tootsie used to love squeaky toys. She used to carry them around and make little beds for them. One Christmas we wrapped up a toy for her and put it under the tree. In the morning we came down and found presents and paper all over the floor and Tootsie looking sheepinsh with a squeaky Christmas pudding in her mouth!
My dog does similar things with stuffed animals, but only certain ones for some reason. I think it's usually the ones that are as big as him and are like teddy bears. He has this Stitch plush that he walks around with and shows it to everyone when he's being playful, and then when he's ready to go to sleep he takes it to his bed and licks it for a long time and then he hugs it and falls asleep.
I've always wondered if dogs assign their own names and personalities to their toys, because Frank definitely favors certain toys in certain moods, and he plays with them completely differently, even if some are similar shapes and sizes. Like he plays with his Stitch casually or when he's going to sleep, but depending on his other moods, and Lady's mood, he'll get a different toy. Like if both him and Lady are really hyper and playful, he'll go get his stuffed squeaky baked potato and start to throw it around.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts