VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There are a bunch of things I do that a lot of people seem to think is a bit strange. For instance, if someone sits on the sheets of my bed, or even worse, my pillow, I tell the to get off! Another thing is (and I know I'm not alone with this one) I'll never sit on a public toilet seat. Plus, I'll always tear off the last few sheets of toilet paper before I use it. My worst, however, is my fear of finding where the facilities are in a restaurant - I'm afraid I'll get lost!

You people must have something worse than these, so come on, make me feel better

·
Registered
4,819 Posts
I'm afraid of water that's not a shower/bath/pool (even a 3"deep stream that's under a foot wide), flying, spiders (if they come out of nowhere or in my house), ants (had a colony that invaded my bed when I was young, hundreds of bit marks every morning, but didn't know why-put in 1 ant trap, there were thousands of dead ants in my room the next morning). Of course I do fly, want to live by an ocean, and like spiders and ants outside.

Of course there's the thing of re-checking 3-5 times that a door's shut/locked, verifying things are done - this annoys some people although when I leave home and say: "the coffee pot's on", it's actually on, there's no doubt.

I always buy things in multiples (if possible), always a multiple of 2 or 3.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I'm with lucycat- never ever gonna sit on a public toilet seat. Hovering all the way! lol. Also rip of the end of the toilet paper...then flush with my foot.... then use a papertowel to open the restroom door after I wash my hands. yucky yuck.

hmmm....am utterly intensly afraid of spiders. Just recently began to recover slightly(as in can stay in the house if I see a spider instead of fleeing. ) Just seeing then on tv even creeps me out. Ick ick ick. 'Course this amuses the omni's.. "the vegan is scared of a little spider!". I don't want spiders dead or anything... I just never ever want to see one again. ever.

·
Registered
4,819 Posts
Don't know how bad the women's toliets get... but as a male if I'd need to sit down on a toliet, I don't in public unless just cleaned. I've left some just because of the stench coming from a stall, even when I wasn't around it.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by shedonteatmeat

I'm with lucycat- never ever gonna sit on a public toilet seat. Hovering all the way! lol. Also rip of the end of the toilet paper...then flush with my foot.... then use a papertowel to open the restroom door after I wash my hands. yucky yuck.

I do the exact thing!

·
Registered
0 Posts
I will not look in a mirror unless if I'm fully in the light. If it's dark at all I just won't do it. I also can't stand open closet doors.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Ants & earwigs <shudder> Spiders are ok as long as they're little.

Door handles in public washrooms... weird, yes I know. I try to open them with my sleeve.

Bridges, flying, tunnels and water.. except in a swimming pool.

I think it would be easier if I listed off what I'm not afraid of. hehehe

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
I have a pretty extreme fear of heights, but I am not afraid to fly in airplanes at all (cause I am closed in) but I have a hard time crossing some bridges, either on foot or in a car...

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
Fear of spiders (though I too am recovering), paranoia when leaving my house (or going to sleep) and washing my hands just a bit too often about covers it for me.

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
Ok, guys--those aren't weird, and isn't that the point of this thread?

I have an unnatural fear of panty lines...I wear thongs b/c of it.

I also don't like when people look at me for more than a few seconds at a time. Completely freaks me out--the bf knows this, too--I spend a lot of time at his house hiding behind the couch cushions, my jacket, whatever.

Ha ha, Lucycat--I'm the same way about restrooms in restaurants. I'm always afraid I'll get lost or that I'll wander around looking like an idiot and people will point and laugh. Maybe that's why women always go to the bathroom in groups...that's certainly the reason I do it.

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Finlay

Strange, I always thought that going to the bathroom was a significant social event for women
Yes, Finlay, it is. It's one great big room full of pillows and blankets and things and we all strip down to our underwear and have pillow fights.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by muppetcow

Yes, Finlay, it is. It's one great big room full of pillows and blankets and things and we all strip down to our underwear and have pillow fights.
ooooooooohhh....divulging our secret!

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
blood, i hate blood. other peoples blood, my own blood i hate it soooo much it makes me sick to my stomach which um at a certain time of the month can be um interesting.

also, I really really hate public bathrooms,,, or public places where there is a lot of touching of doorknobs and stuff,,, in the bathroom, I of course do not sit on the seat, but then i unroll the towel first wash my hands and then wipe them,,,i never open the door with my bare hand I usually cover it with something or use my arm to open it,, same with most doors,,,ack gross.

ummm, i think thats all for now.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts