VeggieBoards banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My one year old has been on milk-based formula since I stopped breastfeeding 4 months ago. The ped said to continue formula until 15 months which is in July. I switch him to soy toddler formula, but he has had diarrhea the past 2 days from it. I think I'm just going to stop formula all together, but I still worry about his weight gain. He is in the 4th percentile for weight. Suggestions please? -Beginner vegan as of a month ago!

·
Vegan since 1991
3,660 Posts
My one year old has been on milk-based formula since I stopped breastfeeding 4 months ago. The ped said to continue formula until 15 months which is in July. I switch him to soy toddler formula, but he has had diarrhea the past 2 days from it. I think I'm just going to stop formula all together, but I still worry about his weight gain. He is in the 4th percentile for weight. Suggestions please? -Beginner vegan as of a month ago!

Because infancy is a time of critical growth and development, and because you are new to vegan nutrition, you might find it useful to make an appointment with a Registered Dietitian that specializes in vegetarian nutrition and in pediatric nutrition.

In which country do you live? We can direct you to your country's local Registered Dietitian association. You can find an RD through them.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts