VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have you ever heard a song and thought "if I ever get married I'm playing that at my wedding". I want that song posted here please

I'm have a very small wedding in June and want to put together some after dinner music. No line dances please. Thanks!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Well, the one I always wanted played at my wedding (and am now planning for, since I'm engaged!) is Radiohead's "True Love Waits," played on the piano. Christopher O'Riley has a beautiful arrangement of it on his True Love Waits album, where he translates alot of Radiohead's songs to piano. They sell the CD at Best Buy, it's not hard to find or anything.

What's the mood of your wedding? Formal/casual, etc? Cos I got a million others!

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Leslie Gore - Sunshine, lollipops and rainbows

Semisonic -DND

Texas -Inner smile

Lillix - What i like about you

Mint Royale - Don't Falter

Incubus - Echo

Macy Gray -Sweet baby

Zero 7 - Somersault

Nat Kin Cole - Let there be love

Savage Garden - I knew i loved you

Melanie doane - I cant take my eyes off you

Norah Jones - Those sweet words

Azure Ray - Displaced

Libi Siffre - It must be Love

Morcheeba - Rome want built in a day

Sarah Slean - I will love you

The Monkees - I'm a believer

The Wannadies - you and me song

·
Registered
6,902 Posts
OK, I have to admit to having a list of songs like this. Let think of what I remember, and don't make fun!

If I ever lose my faith in you- Sting

Maybe I'm Amazed-Wings

Strong Enough- Sheryl Crow

*****- Meredith Brooks (not really a wedding song for most people, but I would want a yin and yang theme at my wedding)

Also always liked We'll be together- sting

·
Registered
319 Posts
The Beatles - I Will

The Beatles - Here, There, and Everywhere

The Beatles - In My Life

Israel Kamakawiwo'ole - Somewhere Over the Rainbow/What a Wonderful World

Louis Armstrong - What a Wonderful World

The Righteous Brothers - Unchained Melody

Billie Holiday - The Very Thought of You

John Lennon - Stand By Me

Elton John - Your Song

Etta James - At Last

·
Registered
19,134 Posts
Hm. In My Life is a fo-sho one.

I must admit liking "Happy Together", even if it's cheesy. I've mentioned "How Sweet It Is (to be loved by you)" in a couple of threads recently, another fave. How about "Love Will Keep Us Alive", by The Eagles?

And of course, "At Last", Etta James version. Romance personified

·
Registered
7,895 Posts
Sotally Tober, you remember the song by one time member Songbird?? (for the wedding)

That one!!!
http://home.att.net/~sanieh/Sanieh_P_Faez.mp3<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

It was well received on VB: Check here: http://www.veggieboards.com/boards/s...light=songbird

well darn, that used to be the url, and now it is no more, BUT even though my computer crashed very recently and I've probably lost it, I'll look on there for it if I can, when I get my data recovery results back this or next week!

·
Registered
7,895 Posts
Sotally Tober, you remember the song by one time member Songbird?? (for the wedding)

That one!!!
[strike] http://home.att.net/~sanieh/Sanieh_P_Faez.mp3 [/strike]<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

It was well received on VB: Check here: http://www.veggieboards.com/boards/s...light=songbird

well darn, as you can see, I had to strike it thru above, but that used to be the url, and now it is no more, BUT even though my computer crashed very recently and I've probably lost it, I'll look on there for it if I can, when I get my data recovery results back this or next week!

·
Registered
471 Posts
Chicago - You're the Inspiration

The Monkees - I'm a Believer

Kenny Marks - I Give it All to You

Katrina and the Waves - Walking on Sunshine

The Bee Gees - Wedding Day

Five for Fighting - 100 Years

Bon Jovi - When I Look Into Your Eyes

Rascal Flatts - Bless the Broken Road

Trace Adkins - Keeper of the Stars

Lee Greenwood - IOU

Johnny Cash and June Carter - 'Cause I Love You

·
Registered
491 Posts
shania twain- from this moment(this was acually our first dance at our wedding)

aerosmith- don wanna miss a thing

brian adams- everything i do

the turtles- happy together

garth brooks- to make you feel my love

·
Registered
5,644 Posts
Anything BUT "Every Step You Take" (imo, creepy stalker songs should be kept OUT of weddings, but that's just my opinion, only).

My 2 favs for weddings though: Everything I do by Bryan Adams and True Companion by Marc Cohn.

Congrats on your wedding, ST.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.