VeggieBoards banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We got the certified letter in the post yesterday! Our application for citizenship was successful and we should be getting a letter in the next 2 weeks telling us when and where to go for our swearing in ceremony and to pick up our certificates!

I am so excited and relieved and broke from the massive massive fees, but it was worth it. Now we will be able to vote!

Hooray!

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
Great news! I hope to become a UK citizen one day. I'm still in Canada with my British husband, but we'll be moving back to the UK as soon as it's financially possible for us.

·
Registered
824 Posts
One of us... one of us... one of us. <3

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thank you all! We are thrilled. I can't wait to register to vote! it was really worth the headache and the money to secure ourselves a place here in the UK--so now no one can make us leave! Dreams really do come true!

I want my next tattoo to be the symbol for OZ--as in "there's no place like home" (does a little boogie just thiking about it!)

Thanks for all your kind words!

·
Ex-*****
5,391 Posts
Glad to hear it worked out - I believe it's been a long process, right?

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks everyone! it has been a 2 year proceess with us paying £1000 last year and taking the citizenship exam and then filling out all the forms and sending documents and another £1000 this year--but it is well worth it. I feel so happy like a huge burden is lifted.

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
We struggled with the exam--I can't imagine what it would be like if your English was not as fluent.

Earthling--good to see you again. XX

·
Registered
888 Posts
Congrats!!

I tried a practice 'Life in the UK test' once, some of it was ridiculously hard (and I've been British since birth and lived here all my life!) just couldn't understand the relevance of questions like 'what percentage of children in the uk live with both parents?' and 'what is the average voltage of electricity supplied to houses in the uk'. I haven't a clue :p

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.